Sick... still workout?

Need advice. I thought I just had a really bad cold, but just a bit ago I got up to put on my workout clothes for insanity and threw up. So I must have a cold AND must have caught the bug all my kids have at my daycare. I feel fine now (not the cold part but for my stomach) but it comes and goes. It is only day 2 of month 2 of insanity today and I really don't want to get off track. Do you think it would be okay for me to still try insanity in a bit?

Replies

• camarogirl2683
    camarogirl2683 Posts: 7 Member
    usually a good rule to follow is above the neck sick go for it, below no. I personally wouldn't exercise just because insanity is just that, insane! I would use today as your rest day or do a lighter form of cardio.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    I've exercised through colds and coughs; heck, sometimes the only time my sinuses are clear is after exercise. I listen to my body, though. If it's screaming "Don't make me do this!", I take a rest day. And nausea is an automatic deal-breaker.

I actually did light workouts through a case of pneumonia years ago. I didn't tell my doctor.