Nike fuel band?

Options
Hi all!
I'm really intrigued by the Nike fuel wristbands Ive seen advertised. I know roughly how they work but am interested if people have bought one and their opinions! Please share :0)

Replies

• jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has one and loves it but I'm waiting for the fitbit flex to come out. It is supposed to be better than the flex and almost half the price.
  • kats3boys
    kats3boys Posts: 61
    Options
    Love mine.. but to be honest it is just a glorified pedometer with more bells and whistles. It is good to remind you to be more active. They use a thing called Fuel points which is some fancy algorithm formula that makes no sense to me. Once you stop trying to convert i,t it becomes useful as a gauge. I was averaging 2000 fuel points when I first put it on in January, now I average just over 4000 daily and I am working to increase it. If you want something to remind you to be more active it will do that.
  • lisaberry12
    lisaberry12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Get a Fitbit. It gives you 'real' feedback -steps, distance, calories etc rather than those weird fuel points.
    I love my Fitbit!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Get a Fitbit. It gives you 'real' feedback -steps, distance, calories etc rather than those weird fuel points.
    I love my Fitbit!

^this
  • kats3boys
    Options
    The fuel band does do calories, steps , distance, etc. and those weird points
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybasis.com/

And even better...
  • kittenkirst
    kittenkirst Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Its quite pricey for a pedometer I guess- do the fuel points convert into calories does anyone know?
  • kats3boys
    Options
    It tracks both, fuel points and calories, the fuel points take calories, steps, time etc to give you fuel points.