23 1/2 Hours

Options
I just really wanted to share this video that my doctor told me to watch after my last yearly physical. I told him that I was using myfitnesspal to lose weight, but wasn't really doing any exercise because of several really bad experiences in the past. Mainly the fact that I used to think that exercise was *the* way to lose weight instead of diet (when it is actually the other way around). So I would basically go overboard with exercise for a few weeks and then get frustrated when I didn't see results and stop. When I began this new weight loss journey, I figured that the best approach for me would be to change as little about what I ate and my lifestyle as possible, and just try to keep under the calorie limit. This has worked so far and I've lost more weight already than I thought I would.

Anyway, I told all of this to my doc, and even though he isn't really happy with me still eating fast food or smoking, he's pretty impressed with the weight loss I've shown so far. He suggested that I watch this video on youtube called 23 1/2 Hours. It's basically about what just walking for 30 minutes a day does for you health wise. With my own personal new found philosophy that small changes and the path of least resistance causes the biggest and most long lasting changes, this really spoke to me. I can definitely do 30 minutes of walking in the park a day, especially now that it's starting to get warmer out. I actually look forward to doing it, as opposed to seeing it as "exercise" and therefore something to dread.

Here's the link if anyone is interested. It's only about 9 minutes long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo