Don't Recognize Myself

So this isn't really here or there, but I've found that I'm getting to the point where I don't feel like "myself" anymore, and at times it can be really confusing. In high school I was borderline healthy/overweight, and so when I gained a ton of weight in college I always sort of internally identified as my high school self. Probably why it took so long for me to finally realize that the exterior wasn't matching the interior anymore. Now I seem to internally identify as both the healthy/overweight self from my high school days, and the obese self from college. The more weight I lose, the more I feel like I'm turning back into the "real" me, but I also somehow feel like a stranger when I look in the mirror. What adds to the confusion is that I'm now in uncharted waters, and getting down lower than I've ever been before as an adult.

I know people say it takes a while to adjust mentally, but I was hoping anyone whose been losing weight for longer than a year or so could share some input on the mental progress of losing weight. Do you ever finally feel like "you" again? I kind of feel like I'm playing dress up, and just pretending to be a smaller version of myself, like it'll all go away again. I also feel like I'm getting to the point where I can re-evaluate what my final goals are now that I'm closer to them, but I feel less sure of what I want than when I began. If people are willing to share, I'd like to see how people's goals have changed as they have gotten closer to the "end". I know I should probably set some life long goals now, but I'm not even sure what I want anymore. :/