Options
    I have found reading OA literature helps motivate me
  • Masalamommy
    Options
    you can do it !
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 54. I was on MPF last year and lost a good amount of weight working out and tracking my calories. Then the holidays came, and I put a few pounds back on so I am back. You have to watch every mouthful and work out consistently at our age! I am highly motivated, so anyone feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mistybluu
    Options
    Hi, I am 53 trying to loose my next 10lbs and can truly use some added support, I feel that helping U is a win, win motivational tool I really need, so add me and let's all win this battle of the bulge together :glasses:
  • Earthgrrrlll
    Options
    I just turned 50 in January, post menopausal AND I had a gastrointestinal bypass last August, ileostomy take down in December and find the weight coming back on. Feel free to add me as a friend! I need the encouragement!
  • Marianne0642
    Options
    Hi! I'm 54 and struggling with my calorie intake and exercise. I work in a restaurant so eating regularly and healthy while at work is a real struggle. Sometimes I have to force myself to do my exercises after a hard day of work, and often don't compensate for extra calories used. Moral support would be most welcome! I would like to lose about 50 lbs
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and I runnnnnnnn. I'm going to run my first marathon this year. Oh yeah! Thinking October. :smile:
  • JoannMichelle
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 57, post menopausal and want to lose over 100 pounds. My doctor referred me to a gastric bypass program but I'd like to see if I can do it without surgery. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm new here and can use encouragement. I promise to reciprocate.
  • hibiscuspurple
    Options
    Hi. I just joined and am already liking being able to log the food I eat. Aiming for more balance in terms of better quality food, more vegatables less meat, good/healthy snacks. I'm 54 until June. I figure better late than never. Also have diabetes so this all will help me with that as well. Anyone who wants to add me can do so. I like the idea of being able to touch base with others who 'get it' and who would cheer me on and I could do the same.
  • fiddlefiend
    Options
    Hi JoannMichelle I'm 54 , post menopausal and have lost 40 lbs so far. I still want to lose 80+ lbs. I've been doing a lot of hiking and Tai bo. Sometimes it's hard to keep motivated. I feel so much better already. I think if I can lose the rest of this flab I'll be able to jump up to the sky..lol. I'm a professional violinist / teacher / conductor.
    Good luck with your weight loss program. It sure is worth it to feel healthier with each pound you lose. Don't you just love getting new smaller clothes?
    Fiddlefiend
  • caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51 in the Uk and struggling to lose weight also. I've lost a few pounds recently, but finding it harder to do. Have started logging food (again!) and find this site makes it very easy as most foods are in the database. My main problem is lack of exercise I think, as I don't overeat too much and try to eat quite healthily. I walk as much as possible (well I could do more I suppose), am active at work - but I do have arthritis and sometimes the pain is really bad, and a flare up is usually followed by exhaustion. I need to get over this as after work most nights I just sit after making the dinner and tidying up. Now the brighter nights are here I want to start walking and am trying to find someone to walk with as I wouldn't let someone else down, but talk myself out of going on my own. I want to lose weight as I'm sure this would help the arthritis, and I just really want to feel better in general. I would gladly motivate others and welcome motivation (and sometimes a kick up the backside too). How do you become friends with others please? - I've never done this before as I'm a very private person, but think this is where I'm going wrong. It might be better to share with others and hear about the problems others have aswell.
  • anitalowe399
    anitalowe399 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi im 56 and weigh 252lb have struggled with weight lossed for a few years now
    my motivation goes up and down like a yo yo....over the yrs have lost 112 lb with w/w ( long time ago ) and since i hit 50 have struggled to lose even 2lb in a week

im no couch potatoe and do enjoy various keep fit methods....but sometimes i feel like im losing the plot...

would love to be able to lose maybe 34lb to make me feel good and be in better fitting clothes instead of these stretchy black pants i keep wearing.....

gonna fill in on the charts and see if this can motivate to make me choose healthier options