20 pounds gone only a couple inches!

Options
I have lost 20 pounds since Januray 22. I have been eating 20% from my tdee. Running on treadmill 3-5 times a week as well as exercises with dumbells. I've only lost one inch from my waist and a couple from my bust. Any tips on what I can do to improve this. I want to fit in my old jeans so bad. Anyone have stories on how much weight they lost before losing inches?

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Did you lose alot somewhere else, your face or thighs maybe? I think everyones bodies loses weight in different areas first, maybe switch to an ab workout?
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Where else have you been measuring? I lost fat from my face, ankles, boobs got smaller, fingers, wrists - it all adds up in places you cannot measure. Are you taking progress photos?
  • jacobjacksmom
    Options
    I measure my thighs, arms, neck, hips, waist and bust. Only places with slight difference is my hips, waist and bust.
    And I have taken photos but can see a difference in them.
  • dietkat
    dietkat Posts: 17
    Options
    Two thoughts:

1) Also check your abdomen, which is around your belly button. A lot of people (women especially) carry more fat here than their natural waist, and thus see a bigger change there.

2) Remember that size to size, inches aren't actually that different. A jump from a 14 to a 12 may be an inch difference in the waist, but when you get down to smaller sizes, the difference will be a half inch or so. Check out some size charts on clothing websites-- super interesting, but it gives some perspective on how many inches you can really expect to lose.

Actually, a third thought-- when you hear about huge difference in inches (ie, so and so lost 30 pounds and 18 inches!) it's likely because they're measuring more points on the body. I work with a few weight loss groups, and we do some of the same things with our clients. It gives a better perspective for how people's body's are changing, but it also make it sounds like they've lost a lot more.
  • nautiigirl
    nautiigirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So funny- I was about to post this exact question today. I have lost 10 lbs since the beginning of the year and also have not seen much loss in actual inches. Maybe an inch in my waist, maybe an inch in my bust. I also measure lower waist (abdomen) hips, thigh, calf and arms- no changes at all in these areas. My pants are no looser, I don't see changes in the mirror. I always see posts where the exact opposite is true- no change on the scale, but inches lost, clothing looser, etc. To those people- I'll trade ya!

but seriously- where is the weight coming off from????