Hi! :) support and tips???

Hi My name is Sage and I'm new to this. I really want to lose some weight before summer and am working super hard. I weigh 130 and want to get down to 110. Im 5"4' and have some muscle. What would be good exercises to lose weight in my legs and tummy? Thanks!!!

Replies

• hiimanupa
    hiimanupa Posts: 53
    I think if you search around (both on this website and elsewhere) a bit, you will see that spot reduction in fat is not possible-- your body will lose fat in whatever manner it is most genetically predisposed to do so.

To lose weight, the most important thing to do is to get your diet under control. First, determine your BMR (which can be found easily with a google search of "BMR calculator"). Next, if you are sedentary, multiply this value by 1.2. If you are lightly active, multiply by 1.3. If you are moderately active, by 1.4. This value is the number of calories you require to maintain your weight.

Based on how quickly you want to lose weight, subtract the necessary amount of calories from this amount. It is recommended that women not eat under 1200 calories (a lot of health issues can result from this, so really avoid it). This is especially the case for youngsters.

Diet alone can help you lose weight, and could improve your health if you eat wholesome foods and sufficient fruits and veggies. It's great that you have muscle-- I really hope you don't want to lose that. In order to avoid this, you should strength train a little bit. Also, I don't think your weight is bad for your height. To put things in perspective, I'm a bit under 110 pounds and am 5'1", and everyone thinks I'm tiny... so perhaps you don't want to be that light.