51 Pounds Down Since December~Pics

Options
As of this morning I am "just" overweight, no longer "obese," at least according to some of the charts I've read.

I lost 13 pounds between annual checks from November 2011 to October 2012. That sparked my resolved to lose more, to finally lose the weight I'd gradually put on since 2001 AND I was 30 pounds overweight at that point.

Here is a picture of me in October 2012:

550164_10151202307006442_221016073_n.jpg

This one is from February 1, when I got the idea to take progress photos. I was down about 30 pounds.

60d70a9b-e7bc-4bfd-ac04-03c3c9ec60ef.jpg

March 1. Down 40-ish.

8512ef52-c8a8-41d7-bd8e-463fa6aaa919.jpg

Taken today, wearing a dress I bought 15 years ago and haven't been able to wear in probably 12. The first time I wore this dress to work, a friend said, "you were born to wear that dress." I can't believe I let myself go to the point that there was no way I'd fit in a dress I was "born to wear."

20130406_103926-1.jpg

Total weight loss is 64 pounds. Total since I joined MFP on December 16: 48, but I'm down 51 since I started this journey in earnest in early December. I still have almost 40 more to lose, but I thought this seemed like a good time to post progress pictures. I'm 55, 5'9" and currently weight 202.

Replies

• huntergreene71
    huntergreene71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great pics of the progress, way to go!
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    Looking amazing! Great job. thank you for the inspiration :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Merlin569
    Merlin569 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    awesome, awesome job!! :flowerforyou:
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic but I see from your tracker you want to lose another 30 pounds, there will be nothing left of you!
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Ah, thanks so much to everyone. I'm 5'9" and I do carry weight well, but trust me there will be plenty left. I want to get to about 168, which is one pound under the highest "normal" weight in the range for my height. With my large frame, that's a good weight for me.
  • fatgirlproblems1108
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job.
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask where you are going to take another 30 from too! You look wonderful! Awesome job!
  • TerrJohns
    TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your journey.
  • VeeSecrets
    VeeSecrets Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job I just love 2 c b4 n after pics makes ya wanna get out there and run like the wind????????????
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!!! You look awesome, such a job well done and I know you will lose the remainder because of your determination.
    Congrats so far.
  • michelleraebaker
    michelleraebaker Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You're an insiration! You also look 10 years younger! Way to go!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look so much younger, too.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great progress pics
  • CBasole1
    CBasole1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Inspiring. Great job!
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    Pam, you look so good. Wonderful job.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great job! Can you share how often you work out, what you do, and what % below your TDEE on calories do you shoot for a day? I'm a month into this and still trying to figure everything out.
  • Pamko57
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone! I was thinking when I posted those pictures that I look younger, too. I'm really cool with my age, because there's not much choice other than accepting it. I've been using some skin stuff that works well. I'm replacing my department store stuff with Equate products as I run out. Seems to be making a difference. I think a lot of it is from feeling so much better, but one of the things I really love is that I can see my face again, MY face.

As far as where I'll lose it. That's easy. My butt and thighs. lol.
  • dbirty
    dbirty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow, I know you've been doing well but when you see the photos it really hammers home what a great achievement you have already accomplished. You are on a mission. Well done, you look great ! :-)
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    amazing results! You look great!
  • Pamko57
    Options
    Thanks much for all the kind comments. I'm sorry I didn't see the questions above.

I do cardio 6 days a week. I started out trying to work my up to 300 minutes per week on my exercise bike. I quickly got there. I was logging it at moderate, but my son (a CPA/boot camp instructor) told me that I was biking at vigorous speed. It wears me out, I know that. A few weeks back, the scale stalled, so I cut back the minutes and that did seem to help. My son said I can do the massive amount of minutes or do the speed, but probably shouldn't do both.

I don't know a lot about TDEE, but I did check into that. I think my TDEE for weight loss was 1850. I've tried to stay under 1600 calories, so I'm not that far off the TDEE.

I also do strength training 4 days per week. I think the reason I was able to get my cardio endurance up so quickly is that I was a three to five mile a day walker for years. We didn't go out walking "formally" in the years I was putting on weight, but due to my step-mom not being able to get a life-saving surgery until she could 2 miles, I never wanted to not be able to do that, so my husband and I would walk a lot on weekends.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!