Ran 2 miles!

Options
Ok I know its not that much, but I ran 2 straight miles yesterday! Did not stop once! I have never in my life done that! And did it in 17 minutes!
I am so excited and proud of myself!! Just wanted to share!

Replies

• tscholar
    tscholar Posts: 9
    Options
    YEAH! That's awesome! Keep up the good work :wink:
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bravo! :flowerforyou: What an achievement...you're doing great!
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    Awesome! Running/jogging is something I really struggle with. I made it for 9 minutes a couple days ago! Lol! :laugh:

Congrats! I'm working on getting there!
  • Al77
    Al77 Posts: 47
    Options
    I have been a jock my whole life and ALWAYS have sucked at running, too. So this is a huge milestone for me!
  • clarkey72
    clarkey72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done! Bet you feel great. I am managing to run for between 4 and 5 miles now. Never in my life thought that I would be doing that. Something I have never found easy and still dont now - but feel so good when I get back!! Such an achievement. Keep going!! X
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I HATE running but LOVE the way it makes me feel. I can relate to how proud you are of yourself right about now. I'm at a mile and plan to start adding a quarter mile per week next week (running 3 times/week). Hopefully I'll be where you ae in a month. :)
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Wow...impressive! Keep up the great work.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Excelent. That is a great accomplishment.
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! I am working up to a 5K at the end of may, and I managed 1.5 miles yesterday! It is amazing to feel like I challenge my body to achieve a new fitness goal! However, my time is not so good (12 min mile), but it is a far cry from not being able to do it at all! Keep up the good work!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You are amazing good for you. I can run 6 minutes but only in 1 minute increments. Im working my way up.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Well done you!

It is impressive because running is not as easy as many other bits of equipment in a gym.

I only started running 4 months ago and back then I could barely run for 10 minutes. This week I ran 9k in an hour without stopping. It is amazing how quickly the muscles build and your body adapts.

You'll be running a half marathon before you know it :smile:
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment and your time is great.