LADIES: do you fear jeans or it is just me??

Options
2»

Replies

• magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I hate jeans because they're all low rise for my demographic; i carry my weight on my love handles. Major muffin top.

I assume since you mentioned Lulus that you're Canadian. The only jean that I feel comfortable in atm are yogajeans. They're made by a company based out of Montreal and are sold in Jean Machines.
  • llaskoske
    llaskoske Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I live in jeans. What was so disheartening is that when I'd look for jeans in larger sizes, I kept coming across those horrible elastic waistband jeans. Lee Riders 20's fit me well, but I bit the bullet and paid more for Lane Bryant jeans. I started going to the gym and went down to 18s in the Lee's. Now, the 18s are loose enough to hang down too far and give me baggy butt. I can get 16s on, but my waist isn't small enough yet to fasten them. I have 2" to go! I can now wear size 16 Lane Bryant jeans, so I may be able to wear their 14s soon.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    I hate jeans because they're all low rise for my demographic; i carry my weight on my love handles. Major muffin top.

I assume since you mentioned Lulus that you're Canadian. The only jean that I feel comfortable in atm are yogajeans. They're made by a company based out of Montreal and are sold in Jean Machines.

I've never seen those. I'll have to check them out
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    No fear here, I can't wait to fit back into all of my jeans. As of now, I avoid them. :ohwell:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I don't.. I find jeans these days are designed for people who lack curves, perhaps even real bodies? I love my leggings, tights, black pants.. jeans are overrated.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever owned a pair of stretch jeans that look great in the morning, but stretch out throughout the day in all the wrong places?? I hate that.

Me!!! Next time I shop for jeans I'll look for non-stretch, hope they still exist.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I can admit that I stopped wearing jeans when i got bigger...and I mainly wear dress pants - black. I don't know if I'm ever going to wear jeans again. I like leggings as well.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    i only wear them to work... nowhere else, unless I'm wearing a lonngggg top or cardigan or coat with it to cover my bum/thighs :(
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    I don't fear jeans, but they are pretty uncomfortable most of the time so unless I have somewhere important or nice to be, I'm in workout pants/shorts :D
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    These I might have to look into. My hips ar 45" my waist is 27" and my calves are 17" I love Miss Me jeans. They fit me so well but they are terribly expensive. I usually try on every style of jeans at The Buckle and walk away with at least 2 pairs. Cha ching! Those days of expensive jeans are history. I have to be responsible now....

I hate jeans bc so many don't cater to ladies who have big ol' booties like me. It's either Baggie or stuff yourself into ones that are too tight.

I have 42" hips (big booty) and I LOVE my Old Navy Rockstar Skinny jeans , they even fit my 17" calves!
    Those and American Eagle Boyfriend It are the only two that don't leave me with hat weird gap at the back because although I have big hips/butt, my waist is 29". Jeans were a nightmare before I found those 2 I could count on.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I live in jeans and don't even own a pair of dress pants or sweat pants. I only wore jeans when I was 140 pounds overweight too.

I'm sure you all look fine in jeans. As for those who find them uncomfortable that's a different story. Don't be so hard on yourselves.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I wore jeans yesterday and my stepdaughter said she didn't recognize me because she only sees me in dress pants for work or workout pants(which I have a bad habit of wearing all the time). I recently found some jeans I like. They are Audra by Wrangler and come in all different rises as well as petite, average, and tall sizes. They do have some stretch to them which I like. I found them at a thrift store of all places and I just ordered 3 pairs on ebay(one in that size, one is the size below, and one is the size below that). I too think size 12 is where I feel the most comfortable. My jeans are sometimes a size above my dress pants as I don't like to wear tight jeans(I'm pear shaped). I have gotten as low as a size 10 but might not choose to go there this time. My start was a 26/28 :)
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for those with muscular legs/butts and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!! :smile: