Need FitBit Advice

Options
I am thinking of purchasing a Fitbit One™ Wireless Activity + Sleep Tracker. I have a technical question. When you have it on do you need to have a CONSTANT and/or CONSISTENT Internet connection for it to record your information? Or is it storing information whether it is connected or not? I have wireless Internet at home but on my smart phone I am trying to use my 3G sparingly as I don't have a lot of room on my data plan. Thanks.

Replies

• patnj
    patnj Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You do not need a constant internet connection. Actually your FB can be unconnected for a week to 10 days before it can't hold any more info. [ I believe at that point it starts popping off the old info but don't quote me on that ].

Both my husband and I use FB.. I have an ultra and he has a One. We love them. They really got us moving.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    no you do not have to have constant internet, i certainly don't always have internet, if you're active it takes about 15*20 minutes for it to synch up , it downloads the information
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just seconding what everyone else said. It can store your data for 7-10 days in great detail without a computur connection and very basic data for 30 days (you lose the x steps taken at y time at that levl and just get a steps per day)

I've never had it take 15-20 minutes to sync either - usually more like 3 minutes tops....
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mine syncs in a few seconds! Also, if you have a smart phone, certain ones will sync through bluetooth. I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 and it syncs which is nice if you're not home or around an internet connection. Once it syncs, the information automatically uploads to MFP. When you log your food, log into MFP only, not on the FB site. I do log my exercise on the FB site though.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. This helps a lot.