Will I ever have a toned tummy after pregnancy?

Options
tumblr_mkv7cnyqmR1rl6ud1o3_1280.jpg
527043_10151523531017070_1584088815_n.jpg

I've had 2 children and my tummy is all stretched out and is carrying this extra pooch of flesh. :(
I do pilates and cardio, will I ever have a nice toned tummy?
I can definitely feel some abdominal muscles under there, they are just deeply protected!

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkv7cnyqmR1rl6ud1o3_1280.jpg
    527043_10151523531017070_1584088815_n.jpg

I've had 2 children and my tummy is all stretched out and is carrying this extra pooch of flesh. :(
    I do pilates and cardio, will I ever have a nice toned tummy?
    I can definitely feel some abdominal muscles under there, they are just deeply protected!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    How long ago did your have your babies?

To be honest, I can't give a whole lot of feedback as I am also wondering the same thing and walking down the same road.

I think there are parts of my skin,particularly the navel area that will never bounce back. I keep lifting and rubbing lotion+vitamin E together anyway in hopes that maybe it will look a bit better. My belly looks similar to yours, more so around your belly button. Try the lotion + vitamin E capsules and see how it goes. I find that has helped.. perhaps one day it will look the way I want it to look
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    There are some great before and after pics on here to inspire you with what can be done.

Just be careful too soon postpartum as many women have some degree of "hernia", or muscle protruding through abdominal walls shortly after pregnancies, and sometimes for some time there-after. Things like lifting heavy weights too early can cause severe hernia issues when this is the case.

It takes some time to tighten skin and get fat back in order (and you want to be careful of dieting if you are still nursing).

Also, muscles are more lax for a while due to hormones of pregnancy allowing for stretching.

But, I used to look like yours and now, mine is much better...it has, however, been sixteen years since the birth of my first, and I've tried to stay active. I'm interested in what I can do now that I have time to work on myself a bit! Mine looks the best now that it has in some time. Each month of diet and exercise helps a bit more!
  • hrouns
    hrouns Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. It's been almost 2 years since my youngest was born. I definitely can tell a difference in feeling my abdominals. I actually have some hard muscle tissue in there.
    I'll try the lotion and vitamin E. I've heard great things about vitamin e for skin.