Daddy is trying to kill me!

Options
Soooo I wake up and think what healthy breakfast can I have today. Then I go to school and wonder what healthy lunch can follow up that breakfast. After feeling good about what I've eaten to far, I decide to award myself with something tasty....

Then I go home to find my dad has gotten THE FATTIEST FASTFOOD ever! First week of my diet am I really supposed to not eat it?! I most certainly ate that food. Now Im feeling quite discouraged :-(

If anyone can offer some words of encouragement, it would greatly appreciated

Replies

• missymoo2
    missymoo2 Posts: 10
    Options
    if you must have fast food, even though it is fatty, a happy meal has 500 calories with a burger and fries, if you get diet pop with it...I have learned that I cannot totally give up my junk food cravings, and also there are plenty of healthy choices at most fast food restaurants these days. Good luck and don't give up. You can do it. Remember everything in moderation, you don't want to completely deprive yourself of the things you like.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Welcome to speed bump number ONE. Let me tell you, it's first of MANY. You're doing the right thing by sharing, because here, we're all like minded people :) I want EVERYONE to succeed and I'm sure most feel the same.

You can do this. You can say "OK, I learned a lesson from this, let's move on" - I KNOW you can, just by being here I know you can.

What did you feel when you were given your dinner options? What could you do better next time (even if the answer is "eat half the fries" - BABY STEPS!)?

I think we're more successful in the long run if we live through these experiences and learn from them. Avoiding everything food realted 100% perfect - I personally don't believe that's realistic. It works yes, but I question it's long term success.

MFP is about being healthy for the rest of our lives. You have to work through *kitten* to get to "that place". I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I have for the past almost 100 days :)
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! :-) that makes me feel a little better
  • marybethbeech
    marybethbeech Posts: 181
    Options
    I had fast food last night as well. There are some nights when there just isn't anything else you can do. I had a plain burger (300 calories) and a fruit and yogurt parfait (160 calories). I know that the food was waiting on you when you got home, but there are ways to do fast food restuarants without breaking your diet.
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    Well my question is this, if you're 23 years old cant you handle your own food even if you're living with parents? Can you explain to them you are trying to eat healthier so if you're going to buy that kind of food, you don't have to include me in it.

I live with my fiance & his family. We handle our own meals separate from them b/c all they eat is junk. You can do it too :flowerforyou:
  • kooltray87
    Options
    I think that's what I'm gonna have to do.
  • kooltray87
    Options
    yeah i think thats what i'm gonna have to do
    Well my question is this, if you're 23 years old cant you handle your own food even if you're living with parents? Can you explain to them you are trying to eat healthier so if you're going to buy that kind of food, you don't have to include me in it.

I live with my fiance & his family. We handle our own meals separate from them b/c all they eat is junk. You can do it too :flowerforyou:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Buy your dad the book, Eat This, Not That, It shows in detail what the calories are in those meals and how to make the best choices if you have to eat fast foods. Makes you think when you eye that whopper I tell you.