Raspberry Ketone

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Thin Sport brand of raspberry ketone? I saw it advertised on Facebook and they had a "30-day trial" for just $2, the cost of shipping. But now I'm beginning to have doubts that I've been taken. I should have researched this company before I paid. The only thing I found was a negative "pissed" comment. They kept stressing to me that I HAD to call them in 2 weeks and let them know how I was doing. I specifically asked if I was gonna be charged extra $ after the 30 days and I was told no. But the "pissed" comment said that when they called in at the 2 week point, they were told they either had to mail the remaining pills back (at his/her cost) or pay $59.

After researching ketones online, I read that I shouldn't take anything that had extra ingredients other than the ketones. This has about 9 other ingredients!

What concerns me is that they used Dr. Oz and Rachel Ray's names as people who recommended and/or used their product. Nowhere on Dr. Oz's website could I find their name. I'm afraid I've been duped!

Has anyone else ever tried or heard of this company?

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to say that you've been duped. It's a very common practice for bogus companies to advertise using big names in the media who have never actually endorsed the product. At any rate, raspberry ketones are completely useless anyway. I've read the scientific journal articles, and there's no evidence that taking them leads to weight loss. Make sure that you're researching online using REPUTABLE sources, not just anything that pops up on a google search.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Basically never buy anything Dr Oz shills. Total scam.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That's what I was afraid of...Thanks y'all! Gonna chalk that up as a loss and move on!
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Save your money! Don't believe everything Dr Oz tells you
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Basically never buy anything Dr Oz shills. Total scam.

please remember television and magazines are nothing more than vehicles to advertise products...
    you are a person not a product, if you need "raspberry ketones"
    try raspberries they are delicious and cheap when you buy the frozen ones!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Eat delicious raspberries instead. They are so awesome and good for you. YUM!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Eat delicious raspberries instead. They are so awesome and good for you. YUM!

Yup! The pills are a waste of money. They don't actually do anything.

Things you see on TV you should pass on... most of them are crap.
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    My bf's mom swears by them. So much so that she gave me a bottle. I am very sceptical but they are working for her (plus a restricted diet.. The womans lost over 100 lbs so obviously something is working) I am gonna give them a go and do a week long veggie and nut diet thingy and see how it goes. I want them to work but I dont think they will. Damn diet pill epidemic