Kettlebells

cardswimmom
cardswimmom Posts: 71
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone tried working out with Kettlebells? I bought a 10 lb one and it came w/a workout DVD which included three 15 minute routines, which I did all in a row. I wanted to try it because I am looking for new ways to tone up my arms and build muscle (for when I'm @ home and can't get to the gym). Wow - I got more than I bargained for because it is really a total body workout. I didn't realize what a workout for the legs and abs it is as well. I would definitely recommend this. I can't wait until my HRM arrives so I can see how many calories I am burning because I was sweating profusely and my heart was definitely racing! I think the brand is Danskin and I got it @ Walmart for like $19.00 - they come in 5, 10, and 15 lb. increments. Just thought I'd share!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• medtrans79
    medtrans79 Posts: 46
    Thanks for that! I have started becoming more interested in it the more I see people posting about it. May have to give it a try for sure.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    I too recently bought a 10 lb kettlebell but am at a loss as to what are the best ways to use it. I've done a few workouts that I've managed to find online but would like more. And yes it is a total body workout from my experience as well.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    I have a 20lb and I've done a routine that's in one of my magazine. It is a very good workout. I got a Gold's Gym one from Walmart but it didn't come with a DVD. But I may buy that brand to get the DVD. Thanks!!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    My PT has me work out with them on a regular basis. I think they're a touch workout. It looks so easy but it really isn't.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    I bought Kettlenetics. It came with 4 DVD's & a 4 lb. bell & that gets me sweating. I notice it is really good for toning your back in addition to everything else you mentioned.

This is the link to the dvd's I have. It come in a set also if you want the k-bell too.
    http://www.gaiam.com/product/media-library/fitness-dvds/kettlenetics+4+dvds+in+1+case.do
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Hey,

I have workout with kettlebells.... It does work out the entire body. I own a set of Kettleworx. The complete KettleWorx system includes ten DVDs, training in 200 unique exercises, over 12 hours of personalized kettlebell instruction and a healthy eating guide. The KettleWorx program results in a remarkable body transformation after just six weeks, and requires only three 20-minute workouts per week.

(www.kettleworx.com)
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Yes! My trainer had me using one on Tuesday--starting at waist level--crossing down to opposite foot, and up back over head. 4 sets of 12 on each side!

A good workout for sure.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Has anyone tried working out with Kettlebells? I bought a 10 lb one and it came w/a workout DVD which included three 15 minute routines, which I did all in a row. I wanted to try it because I am looking for new ways to tone up my arms and build muscle (for when I'm @ home and can't get to the gym). Wow - I got more than I bargained for because it is really a total body workout. I didn't realize what a workout for the legs and abs it is as well. I would definitely recommend this. I can't wait until my HRM arrives so I can see how many calories I am burning because I was sweating profusely and my heart was definitely racing! I think the brand is Danskin and I got it @ Walmart for like $19.00 - they come in 5, 10, and 15 lb. increments. Just thought I'd share!:flowerforyou:

Thanks so much for sharing! :flowerforyou:

I've been wanting to try Kettlebells for months now.... A mfp Buddy does classes at the Y and has been raving about what an Excellent workout it is and how her legs look great :bigsmile: Anyhoo. I was afraid to just buy the KettleBell with no guidance; and you've just made my day... Only $19.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Thanks again for sharing this :flowerforyou:

I bought this program and did it for the first time yesterday. I loved it. I felt it in my legs right after :bigsmile:

The DVD was perfect for a beginner like me and the 10 lb weight was challenging. I recommend this to anyone who is curious about Kettle Bells but doesn't want to spend too much $$$.

I did all 3 workouts and my HRM recorded about 300+ calories in 38 minutes :bigsmile: I'm sure once I master the moves i can get a bigger burn and a more advanced, longer Program.

Hope you are still enjoying yours :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.