Worried about loosing job because of injury.

Options
8 months ago I bought these "fitness" shoes that were suppose to work out my legs and they ruined my life. (This was all before I started dieting and actually working out) Because they hurt my feet/leg without me realizing I started walking on the side of my feet. I have had extreme ankle problems since then. I stopped wearing the shoes 3 months after I got them but it was too late. My ankle was so far gone and I've been wearing braces and supportive shoes but I still get ankle pain. Fast forward to now: I just got a job and I work 3 days a week (this is only my second week) and I'm scared I'm going to lose my job. I'm a dishwasher at a fairly steady resturant and my ankle is fine for 2-3 hours and then the extreme pain kicks in and I have to take constant breaks. When I put stuff away everything is scattered everywhere from one side of the kitchen to someplace in the basement so there's a lot of moving everywhere. I haven't gotten any compliants from the boss but I work with my mom and aunt and the boss has questioned them about me Whether I'll be able to do the job or not. I do complete the job and do everything I'm suppose to by the end of the night but I need lots of breaks and the waitresses help me out more than they should. I'm really wanting to keep this job and I've pushed passed my limits but sometimes the pain is too much. I am getting xrays on Monday..My doctor told me it was a hairline fraction a few months ago and it should go away but it hurts way too much for it to just be that.

Do you think that I'll get used of the pain to do the job? Is there a really good ankle brace anybody can recommend?Cost isn't a problem. Any tricks about getting passed a day of work?

Replies

• futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh and weight can be an issue too. I'm 350 pounds so it doesn't exactly help my problem..but I've been working hard on loosing the weight so I'm in the right direction.
  • MissMdM
    MissMdM Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    to be honest i think you need to fully heal then go back to work. i realize that's probably not doable right now. but i hope it gets better soon
  • futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I really don`t want to quit to fully heal. I finally feel like I'm going somewhere in life. Before I felt stuck and depressed because I didn't have a job. Now that I finally have one I'm constantly worrying that I might lose it because of my ankle :( Bleh no fun.