Need Healthy Banana Recipe!

Options
2»

Replies

• abredbenner
    abredbenner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    this reply is too late for your bananas but maybe someone else will like it -

Spray George Foreman grill with Pam, slice the banana lengthwise, sprinkle with a bit a Truvia and a bunch of cinnamon and grill for 3 minutes. It is good without the Truvia and cinnamon too. I tried using the Walden Farm chocolate but that stuff tastes like crap. I just starting making these and am going to experiment, maybe a few melted chocolate chips.
  • jlj1121
    jlj1121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    this is a great recipe for healthy banana cookies- no sugar, flour, or butter! read the reviews b/c they're lots of good suggestions in there.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Healthy-Banana-Cookies/Detail.aspx
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    banana oat meal cookies (recipezaar.com)

3 ripe bananas
    2 cups oats (not instant, the proper scotts type)
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 egg
    2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon low-fat peanut butter (optional)

Preheat the oven to 180c.
    Mash the bananas and mix with the oats, milk and egg before adding the remaining ingredients (it just mixes a bit easier and more evenly this way). These measurements make the mixture just the right consistency for my liking, but if it looks a bit runny to you at this point, throw in another handful of oats to thicken it up.
    Grease a cookie tray with 1 cal spray and spoon the mixture on to make around 9 large cookies.
    Bake for around 20mins until golden brown.

i LOVE THESE
    they smell sooooo goood tooooo mmmmmm
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Also, did you know that you can freeze bananas? Peel a couple, slice them, and put them on wax paper, on a pan, then wrap in saran wrap and place in freezer. Helps with portion control as well!

This! they actually freeze rather nicely (do get a bit brown) but them they are perfect for adding to smoothies and other things. I like to blend frozen bananas and nonfat milk with a bit of no cal sugar sub and make my own banana ice cream
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    bum
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gentlness
    gentlness Posts: 14
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone for things I did find. Some of the things I would never have known to do. I have ate so badly all my life and I am 58 now. I need help badly. If there is anyone who could send me ideas for very low carb very low fat low calorie snacks or light meals, I would sure appreciate it. I don't have any idea of things to make and am so close to giving up AGAIN its not funny. And if I give up this time the doctor says I am dead. I have about 150 lbs to lose, my health is very bad, and I have to come up with something I can eat, and not feel bad about. So any smoothie recipes or anything would help. ANY and ALL replies are welcome ... thank u
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Peel them, pop them in a freezer bag and freeze them, then you can use them at your leisure in smoothies and juices!!
    I always save mine from the bin this way... and frozen banana makes the smoothie more creamy :smile:

what she said. I use 1/2 of the very large bananas (frozen), 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 c skim milk, 3-4 ice cubes, 5 strawberries (or blueberries or rasp or peanut butter)