I can't stop having the feel to eat!

Options
Have been counting my calories and i just can't stop thinking about eating recently. In a sense knowing how many calories i've left after every meal helps but i still wanna eat. Is this some healthy snacks or something i can munch?

Replies

• chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Plain dry popcorn. Munch munch munch
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    make sure your drinking plenty of water as feeling hungry could be your body telling you your thirsty. I find that drinking a cup of tea when I'm hungry is a good tip and low calorie soups are also a good snack too if you need quick filler :)
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water, a large glass of water makes me feel very full!
  • domdoan
    domdoan Posts: 30
    Options
    shirataka noodles - 1 serving only has 20 cals. the whole bag of noodles has 40 cals. (like spaghetti noodles)

jello - serving size has 4 calories i think. whole box has 40 cals. (all protein)

if you want to eat more, just do more low intensity cardio.
  • themotherofdragons
    Options
    how much weight can i lose in a month? (by the end of april) MAX :(((( i am so desperate please we have this beach trip and i don't want to go if my body looks like sht
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    how much weight can i lose in a month? (by the end of april) MAX :(((( i am so desperate please we have this beach trip and i don't want to go if my body looks like sht

Don't go. Troll alert!
  • millibilly
    Options
    Ooh! Would the green tea kinda help curb my problem?
  • millibilly
    Options
    Honestly I don't! I hate the taste of chugging water every hour to drink 2 liters a day. ):
  • millibilly
    Options
    OMG this is helpful! Hopefully I can find them in my supermarket! I live in Asia):
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Definitely drink more liquids (like water and tea), and eating foods that have a high water volume (like watermelon and similar fruits/veggies) can help. A lot of the time when I've just eaten and I think I'm hungry, it's not that I actually need calories, but that my body is dehydrated.

Sometimes, though, it's that I've just been doing this too long and I never really feel satisfied. That's when it's time to allow yourself a slightly higher calorie or more indulgent meal, to stop that feeling of "I haven't felt really satiated in months!"
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    When I need to eat more volume of food I also eat vegetables that have a high water content as they have a low calorie content. Veggies such as cabbage of all types lettuce and cucumber is also low calorie and can be eaten in volume. I also second what everyone else says about drinking more and a hot cup of tea is wonderful.
  • rickcote13
    Options
    All excellent suggestions, if water sucks for you. Try some flavored water or seltzer (better than nothing).. I also have a workout routine but if I am feeling like I need something (chinese or alcohol WHOOHOO party time) 8*) I go do some extra cardio to "Earn" my treat.

AM I willing to spend an extra hour on the elip machine to go out with my friends.. HELL YES.. and I don't feel guilty cause I earned that...

Good luck. Be creative and don't think like a diet. Think This is what I need to do to be healthy and enjoy my life...

Rick
  • redman72
    redman72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have a small amount (a handful or 1/4 cup) of something high in healthy fat and protein like nuts (no salt) between meals ow when you have a craving - don't worry about the calories. The fat and protein will satisfy the craving and give you an energy boost. Eating fat to lose weight doesn't seem right but healthy fat and protein take more energy to digest than carbs so your body works harder to digest them. If you eat this even 5 minutes before a meal you'll feel fuller and not as likely to over indulge.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day?
  • millibilly
    Options
    Oh wow! Thank you!
  • millibilly
    Options
    Woah I love eating cucumbers!
  • millibilly
    Options
    Like 1800.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I liked getting full on carrots and hummus when I first started. It worked to give me that full feeling when I wanted it. I am learning to live without that feeling.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    i second the shiritaki noodles. stir fry them with lots of veggies and you get a huge meal for very little calories.... plus it's so healthy!!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Raw vegetables, carrots, celery, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, cabbage, radishes whatever you like. Very low calorie, nutritious, crunchy, and good for you! It really helps me a lot.