Has anyone tried Advocare

So my boyfriend has lost 40 pounds in only like 2 months(he weighed 245 so he had weight to loose) by drastically changing his diet and doing this advocare 25 day challenge. Im thinking about doing it because the results are amazing but im not one to stick to diets...so i dont know i was just wondering if anyone else has tried it(prefably females)

Replies

• Just starting it this morning! My friends used it recently and both the female and the male look the best they have ever looked! I've lost the instructions so I am trying to figure out exactly what to do!
  • EqualLove
    EqualLove Posts: 14 Member
    GL
  • Hi,

I started using Advocare Spark first for the energy and I loved it. Today I started the 24 day challenge. I wrote about it on my blog, if you want to take a look: http://www.shaunawyrick.com/2013/04/advocare-24-day-challenge-giveaway.html

Good Luck & friend me if you want.
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    I did the challenge and lost about 5 pounds which is about what I would lose if I had just eaten at a deficit and worked out 3-5 days a week. Save your $200 and buy real food.
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    I agree with the above poster. I saw people around me having great results from the 24 DC so I decided to give it a try. (I only purchased the challenge because I got a great discount from my friend). The first half of the challenge went great. But I never got that "awesome" feeling I heard some talk about. However, it did cut my cravings for sweets and soda. I didn't have a soda at all for the first half-the cleanse part. I quickly ran out of Spark because I didn't order extra and what comes with the challenge was not enough to get me through the entire challenge. Once I ran out of the Spark I found myself giving in to the temptation of soda's and sweets again. I haven't finished the challenge yet; I have about six days to go, but given that I didn't follow it exactly I only expect to lose around 5-6 lbs. I could do that if I would only log my food. I wouldn't mind staying on the Spark but I can't justify the cost. A canister is over $50 and that is for about a month's supply. I think I will spend my money on a better HRM and good clean food.

ETA- After I posted this I realized that in the past I'm sure I have spent at least $50 a month on sodas so I might just add Spark back in, but probably nothing else.
  • blott1987
    blott1987 Posts: 21 Member
    I lost the same amount of weight that I would have lost if I wouldn't have taken it. Wasn't worth it to me. Huge waste of money. Should have saved it and got a heart rate monitor or more protein shakes.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    I lost 14 pounds and 18 inches on my first challenge in January! I've lost 40 to date!