Heart rate monitor

Options
124»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The Bodymedia Fit is far better than an HRM.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of these threads is the make believe. People are making claims that the manufacturer of their device has never made and will never make. Essentially it's the forums quoting the forums.

Someone please link me to the owners manual of their device where it says your hrm will give you hyper accurate readings because it takes your age, gender, vo2 max, and hr into the equation.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I use the Body Fit media armband. It's not a heart rate monitor but it does keep track of how many calories you burn throughout the day. It's also a pedometer and it monitors your sleep habits, too. They use the Fit bands on the biggest loser :) I love mine. It totally gives you an insight into your metabolism. You can set goals to help you lose weight.....I have mine set so that I have a 1000 calorie daily deficit.....that means if I hit the deficit every day I'll lose 2# a week. I've lost over 11# since I've started using it. It has accuracy with less than a 10% margin of error. It's one of the best fitness purchases I've made. Tomorrow they are offering 30% off the bands so it would be a great time to buy one!!! Hope this helps!
    http://www.bodymedia.com/

How long have you had it? Most of the posts that I've read about owners of the Body Fit Media armband are from newer owners. I would like to see some comments from folks who have had it long-term.

I am so fed up with my Polar FT7 and am going to send it back to them. During my workouts, it will go to a "00" heart beat rate and stay there for ....Oh, 10 or 15 minutes, then go back to reading my heart beat. It will go to 275 or something ridiculous like that for 5 or 10 minutes or so, then plummet to 60 or so and stay there for 10 or 15 minutes. If I'm on the treadmill, it will change the heart beat display on the treadmill too, unless I hold on to the hand grips, which will then cause the treadmill to display a more accurate heart beat that makes sense to the way I'm working and how I'm feeling...not out of breath and of good energy levels.
    If I wanted to be tethered to the hand grips during my work out, I wouldn't have spent over 80 bucks on a stupid HRM. I'm very frustrated with the durned thing.

I've tried everything, washing in the laundry each time I use it, changing the battery, resetting by taking the battery out for 30 min. or longer (Do that each time now. It works for about the first 45 min. of my workout, then the HRM starts acting erratically again.)

I'm absolutely in the market for a replacement from a different company, even though my Polar is only 3 months old.
    But once bitten, twice shy...I want to read plenty of favorable reviews from longer-term users, before making the next purchase.

Thanks, in advance, to anybody who helps! :)
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've recently started using the Polar FT4 and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is my first HRM and am SO glad this is the one I decided to go with. It is so easy and really has helped to keep pushing myself because I want to see a high # of calories burned! :) Highly suggest it!
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My Polar worked great for the first month and a half. Then it started going haywire. I called them and their rep. is who suggested the troubleshooting measures I've taken to resolve the issues. But nothing is working.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I own a polar ft7 :). Works great
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I want a heart rate monitor to be able to see my calories burned while exercising. What is a good user friendly monitor for a beginner?

Polar FT4 is excellent, a piece of wee to set up and simple as can be to use it.

Just ensure you enter in your personal details on the watch and rinse the cheststrap after each use and wash it in the washing machine every five or six times you have used it.

Had mine over 15 months now, it has been invaluable and I love it.