using caffeine to get motivated to workout.......

Options
2»

Replies

• bojkoj19
    bojkoj19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's funny :) I just read this article today! Check out #9.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/557242-how-drinking-coffee-could-improve-your-health/
  • alexpl91
    alexpl91 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can't have caffeine because it makes me anxious, caffeine could actually be a big no part of your problem!!!

i'm the same way! i had been on flouxetine, now switched to cipralex and i drink green tea in the mornings instead of coffee. i still have coffee on weekends/rest days :) i love it, but its a treat now instead of a daily.
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just read this article as well ... http://www.livestrong.com/article/557242-how-drinking-coffee-could-improve-your-health/ I knew I wasn't wrong about loving my coffee!!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    HELL NO, it ain't bad. I always have two cups of coffee a half hour before my weight lifting days. On days I do cardio (usually the elliptical for me) I'm 1/2 asleep, with my eyes closed. But on weight lifting days, I want to be alert and awake and concentrating on my shyt.
  • dazzo62
    dazzo62 Posts: 78
    Options
    I always drink 2 cups of coffee in the AM with breakfast, and that is usually when I am motivated to walk!
  • jgrandy2012
    jgrandy2012 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I drink alot of coffee myself. As long as I am within my calorie limits, I raher have coffee or tea than some other sugar type drink. I did hear that havig any sugar or caffeine before a workout can cause stiches in the side, but that depends on the exercise.Good Luck
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I can't have caffeine because it makes me anxious, caffeine could actually be a big no part of your problem!!!

i'm the same way! i had been on flouxetine, now switched to cipralex and i drink green tea in the mornings instead of coffee. i still have coffee on weekends/rest days :) i love it, but its a treat now instead of a daily.

Green tea has caffeine in it
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful with caffeine. For me, it can lead to increased anxiety and panic attacks. Just be aware that if your anxiety increases, you might need to cut back on the caffeine.

The lack of motivation can be related to your depression.

I'm coming out of a really bad depression where I felt exhausted every day. Then I'd have one or two good days each week. It takes a lot of work, but now I usually have four or five good days followed by one day where I can hardly crawl out of bed.

I'd recommend talking to your physician. He/she will likely put you on antidepressants. If the problem is really bad, they might even refer you to a psychiatrist who specializes in medication for depression and anxiety.
  • pinky_pinkster
    pinky_pinkster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's all good.... green tea gets me motivated for a workout!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    This is me to a T!!! I always have a cup of coffee before my workouts
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee sometimes for a boost of energy before my workout...especially after working all day and needing to go to the gym. My trainer even encouraged me to do so. There's nothing wrong with it, imo. Unless you are one of the people who are sensitive to caffeine, otherwise I think you're fine.