Retail

Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I was wondering if anyone works in retail. I have just started a couple weeks ago and was just wondering what you set your activity level to.

I work part time so should I keep it to the 1200 calories or increase it to light activity? I also workout 6 days a week.

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    I'm asst mngr of a retail store in an outlet mall. We are VERY busy and I rarely get to sit down other than my lunch. Always moving. I think I originally put in moderate activity which is true but I set my calorie limit to 1200 because I have GOT to get this weight off. I work about 38 hrs a week and walk on my days off. I have tried walking on days I work but it caused me some foot pain so I've backed off a bit.
    Don't know if this will help. Your store may be totally different and you may stand around not busy a little more. We are the busiest store for our chain in the nation! I'd just see how you lose and if you need to change it later you can.
  • Sweettart
    Thanks! Maybe I will just keep it at 1200 since I only work part time. Our store is pretty steady which is good. I try and workout before work cuz I know I wont do it when I get home. I hear you about the sore feet. I also get sore shoulders and back. Haven't found a good pair of shoes yet.
  • I used to work at a Michael's Arts and Crafts and, when I was watching what I ate, that was enough for me to lose mega pounds. I was younger at the time but I dropped 20 pounds during one Christmas season simply because I had an increase in workload (lifting boxes, climbing ladders, yada yada). You're not sedentary so you could probably get away with upping the calories a bit on the days that you work. I worked there for eight years so the sore feet went away, lol. BUT I do have ankle problems now from standing on concrete for 8 years. Get good shoes! The only ones that work for me are the Nike AirMax 360. They're pricey (160 I think) but worth it for my ankle.
  • Sweettart
    I wish we could wear running shoes. We have to wear dress shoes!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    I just got hired at carson prarie scott to work in the shoe department. I'm gonna be on my feet all day to my knowledge. It does suck that i have to wear dress shoes but i'm gonna try to convince my manager to let me wear sketchers shape ups since we do sell them. If not, i'm gonna say hello to flats. I use to work at shoe carnival as well, and you are on your feet all day. Retail is very good for diets.
This discussion has been closed.