Replies

• amgieschen
    amgieschen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why not today?
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck!! You can do it!!
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Because its sunday and the shops are shut.

Dont all be holier than thou.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Everyone is asking why not today...while I agree with that sentiment, maybe you won't have the patches until tomorrow? If that's the case, don't smoke like 87 cigarettes today as your last hurrah! :smile:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    have all those sticks that you need today then.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I quit 7 years ago cold turkey and I have no desire to go back!
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!
    I have a bet with my husband....when I loose 30 pounds he is suppose to quit smoking :smile:
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    How about giving somebody a chance to gear themselves up to be ready for it, to have a target date to start? I wonder how many people start their self-improvement projects the moment they think of them. I think it's fantastic that you are quitting smoking, not only will it be good for you, it will be good for those that love you. Nothing sucks more than losing people you love too soon because of smoking related diseases, other than watching them go through that slow, miserable, painful death. My brother's death at 45 from lung cancer had a profound effect on all 3 of his kids, especially his yougest who was 10 years old when he passed. Congratulations to you for making a wise choice, stay the course & do whatever you need to in order to be successful.........
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!
    I have a bet with my husband....when I loose 30 pounds he is suppose to quit smoking :smile:

Well I hope your husband is more trustworthy than mine....told me he'd quit when I got pregnant....3 kids on he still smokes.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    I'm on my 8th day cold turkey.

Decided a couple of week in advance I was gonna do it so I could prepare myself/start cutting down. Worked so far. :D
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Yay good for you! You'll feel much better in the long run
  • DistractedGrace
    Options
    today is my last day of smoking and tomorrow im getting the nicotine patch

Good for you! Really, it's good for you! I quit on January 22nd this year. I had gotten very sick and wasn't even able to smoke, so the decision was made for me. Once I started feeling better I just didn't pick them up again. I still want one at times, but I fight it off.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That's terrific, good for you! I got off the demon weed April 6,1997. I didn't say I had quit because I didn't want to turn everyone around me into a sheriff monitoring my behaviour... Instead I simply said that it had been a while since my last cigarette. For over a year I continued to carry my cigs and lighter around with me, because I didn't want to think I wasn't smoking simply because I didn't have any, that it was because I had simply chosen not too. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. All the best to you!!:flowerforyou:
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good for you. As a reformed smoker (6Yrs) you need to pick a stop date a keep to it. You need to mentally prepare yourself to quit to be successful. Good luck
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Because its sunday and the shops are shut.

Dont all be holier than thou.

Agreed. The most important thing about stopping is to be in the right place mentally. If this is what the OP wants to do then it is the right thing. And it's fantastic!

I know you are not, but if you decide to go cold turkey then when you wake up in the morning you have gone eight hours without topping up your nicotine so it's the best time (in my opinion) to do it.

I've been nicotine free for four years. I went from 40-a-day to nothing using the Allen Carr Easy Way book and this forum: http://forum.nosmokingday.org.uk/
  • Mom4Liz
    Mom4Liz Posts: 55
    Options
    Good for you. I'm on day five so we will be quitting together. I can relate to starting fresh tomorrow. It's hard to quit mid day when you can still smell it on your hands and clothes and taste it. Tomorrow is a brand new day.
  • SlinkySpencer
    SlinkySpencer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Terrific! You can do it!