Best afternoon snack?????

Options
smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
What is your favorite, low cal/fat afternoon snack that helps keep you satisfied until dinner?

Replies

• porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1 slice of whole grain bread with a tablespoon of organic peanut butter
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    2 wedges of laughing cow light with 2 wasa light rye crisps
    or
    apple and a cheese string

Another way I do it is have a snack late morning to fuel my workout over the lunch hour, then have lunch after that. Having the later lunch holds me over til dinner. The key to that working for me is that the lunch needs to be balanced. Too much protein and I'm hungry again sooner. Too carby and you get sleepy.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Apples w/ peanut butter.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Apples w/ peanut butter.

Agree with this 100%
  • Darkraven
    Darkraven Posts: 43
    Options
    Apples w/ peanut butter.

Yup this is me too....speaking of which off to grab some right now!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter sounds yummy! And I happen to have both in my desk today!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Either apple slices with either PB or almond butter or crackers and hummus!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    A whole grain rice cake with low sugar natural pb on it - 60 calories and very satisfying! Or a greek yogurt cup.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    BEEF JERKY!! I swear by it.. keep it in my car, on my table all over lol... for appx 2 ounces its 80 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, and like zero carbs... yes it has salt... but I basically eat it everyday and it got me down 40lbs so I will stick to what works and just drink extra water lol
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Edamame or a cup of yogurt with berries.
  • kedagd
    kedagd Posts: 2
    Options
    I like to have a small pear, a small handful of walnut halves (about 10 halves), and a mini light babybel cheese. I usually eat this when I am going to workout right after work. I eat the pear and walnuts first and if I am still a little hungry, I'll eat the cheese. Usually I am fine after just the pear and walnuts! Look for Forelle Pears. They are small and perfect for a snack.