plateau...help?

Options
so a little while ago i began developing an ed and lost weight rapidly (25 lbs). i've since recovered but am now stuck at a 2 month plateau :( still have another 25 lbs to lose so i really need help! i usually eat about 1200 calories a day, more or less. i also do cardio exercises about 4 times a week. i'm 18 years old , 5'3 and 145 lbs. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lisa140lbs
    lisa140lbs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost 15 lbs in 45 days, Now Im just losing about a lb a week... Im eating about 1400 calories a day and going to the gym once or twice a day. I do zumba body pump classes and cardio. Good luck I dont know may be do more cardio? Good luck and keep trying dont give up
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Eat more. I have a similar story (dropped 30 lbs over three months, haven't really had more than 5 lbs lost in the last 6 months). I was eating 900-1200 calories/day working out 4-6 times/week cardio and light weight, many reps. Everyone on MFP told me to increase my calorie intake. Your TDEE (total day energy expenditure) is about 2050 ( http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html ), at least on the days you exercise. You want to reduce your calorie intake by no more than 20% of your TDEE. That means you should be eating about 1640 calories at least/day. Also, you might want to mix up your workout routine, do somethings you haven't done before or increase their difficulty (faster, more resistance, etc).

In the past few weeks I have done that (increase calorie intake and start lifting heavy weights) and I've started losing again, about 3-4 lbs in 2-3 weeks.
  • patriciasimmons12
    patriciasimmons12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to trick your body a little. I don't know what the experts say but I think 1 time a week its ok to eat a few more calories. When I was healthy and skinny every 3 days I splurged (I don't mean eating junk and everything in the house). I would just go from 2000 calories to 2400 calories. It's important to change you excersizes up as well.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    You say 1200, your diary says otherwise. You need to eat more.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    This method has helped many people throughout mfp. It's probably the most popular one. It will show you how to set tings up so you're eating the proper amounts.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm

^^^This one worked for me.