Are any mommy's taking a break on mothers day??

healthymommy42011
healthymommy42011 Posts: 18
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I would love to have a huge breakfast and maybe my favorite dessert (ghiradelli brownies and ice cream) but.. I know I will not eat the sweets in moderation... hmmm I will probably be over by 1500 calories or so, thats a lot of elliptical time :( what to do.. what to do...

Replies

• krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    I take a day off every week so I don't see anything wrong with taking Mother's Day off. :happy:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    I am going to workout for sure, but I am also indulging a bit too. My oldest is taking me for out for all you can eat sushi for lunch. My husband will be in charge of dinner so he will probably grill something, I will request a salad on the side but we have a tradition that we always take the kids to DQ after dinner. Maybe I will give one of the kids my free mothers day sundae and have an orange swirl bar, but maybe not!! :wink:

Have a great Mothers Day. I know I will. Yay for the one day a year I am guaranteed to sleep in!
  • It's my first mother's day this year, and YES I'm taking a meal off. Not the whole day, but I told my hubby that if I could go all week (this was last Friday) w/o cheating on my diet and I work out everyday then I AM going to go out for Mexican food w/NO guilt. But, it is just for the meal. I still plan on going to the gym and sticking to my meal plan for the rest of the morning.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    I told my hubby that for mother's day, I want to be left alone to go to swimming at the gym. I prefer to make my own breakfast omlette with egg beaters, turkey ham, green onions, mushroom and trader joe's light shredded mozzarella cheese.
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    I am planning on going to the gym in the morning, but if we are going out, then I will eat a bit more than I normally do. Maybe even have a drink. I don't want to totally deprive myself.
  • candicemcl
    candicemcl Posts: 59
    I am going to do my morning as usual food wise, get a workout in then we are off to my sis in laws for the afternoon and dinner so I am not going to log, although she does know we are changing habits at home so I am sure she will have healthier options but there will be yummy desserts too
This discussion has been closed.