Couch to 5k App

Options
Which do you recommend? I am worse than starting from a beginner...but this is something I am really wanting. I have tried before but always give up on the 3rd or 4th week. I was thinking of repeating the first week until I could do comfortably instead of pushing myself to fail again....Thoughts? Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I used c25kFREE by Zen Labs - worked great for me. I went from being a non-runner to being able to fun for 30 minutes straight - that was about a year ago and I'm still running, and enjoying it. :smile:

Get new shoes, or at least make sure the ones you've got aren't too old, so you have good support. Follow the program exactly, three day a week, go as slow as you need to on the running segments to be able to complete the time - slow running is still running! :bigsmile: Don't let the higher weeks scare you - weeks 4 and 5 often freak people out, myself included! But I just went for it, and managed to complete each day - and the feeling of accomplishment is fantastic! You have no idea how much you can do until you try.
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I used c25kFREE by Zen Labs - worked great for me. I went from being a non-runner to being able to fun for 30 minutes straight - that was about a year ago and I'm still running, and enjoying it. :smile:

Get new shoes, or at least make sure the ones you've got aren't too old, so you have good support. Follow the program exactly, three day a week, go as slow as you need to on the running segments to be able to complete the time - slow running is still running! :bigsmile: Don't let the higher weeks scare you - weeks 4 and 5 often freak people out, myself included! But I just went for it, and managed to complete each day - and the feeling of accomplishment is fantastic! You have no idea how much you can do until you try.

This^^!!

I would add, don't hesitate to go to c25k.com and read or join in their forums. That helped me a lot because everyone is in the same boat you're in. Also, I think many people make the mistake of trying to run too fast. Remember, as long as you're "propelling" forward, I like to say, you are still running! Speed will come with time....slow down.

I repeated week 4 when I did it. If it helps, I was over 50, had smoked for 30 years and was 50 lbs overweight. It's a great program and 2.5 years later still going strong. I love it!, and you will too! Be proud, you're on your way!!