Very out of shape...need some encouragement

Options
2»

Replies

• neretete
    neretete Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm a yo-yo when it comes to weight loss. And I really don't like to exercise. What I have discovered is that you have to enjoy what you do. I have learned, through much experimentation, that I enjoy doing workouts like Rockin' Body and Turbo Jam, both from Beachbody. I get bored with lunges and squats and more traditional workouts. I have actually only skipped one scheduled day in the two weeks since I started Rockin' Body. And I am getting up early to do them which I also hate! I also have found people who support me in my exercises. My sister-in-law nags me every day to make sure I did it. And I do the Leslie Sansone walking videos with a couple friends after work when time permits.

Another thing is don't burn yourself out. If you go too hard too fast you will be mroe likely to give up. Celebrate your successes and you will see steady improvement in your health and stamina. Good luck!
  • lorilwayne2
    lorilwayne2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Soxgirl- sent you a friend request. I too have a hard time exercising. I bounce back and forth as to what I'm doing but I find that riding my sons stationary bike to be one of the most consistent here. I have tried some zumba and that isn't too bad kind of fun. Also have done the 30 day shred part 1- that is a killer and I still have modifications that I make I do some walking in town and some basic calasthenics. Yoga has always seemed light pressure for me in past and I plan to implement that in some. My husband has access to the school weight room and will make him take me up there some this summer to help build some more muscles.

I will say you will begin to feel better if you hang in there. It isn't easy- believe me I do know this but I feel better than I did 3 weeks ago and as I loose more weight and gain more muscle I will feel even better.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    IMO it is absolutely ok to start slowly. I was very out of shape when I joined myfitnesspal 2 years ago when I was 27. I did recumbent bike workouts and that was it. After a few months, I started doing Jillian DVDs and I did a LOT of modifying. I lost weight consistently and my fitness improved over time. I'm far from the fittest person on the planet but I'm fitter than the average now I'd say :wink: Good luck!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    slow and steady FINISHES the race. :)