HRM Recommendations

Options
I think I am going to ask my husband for a HRM for Mother's Day. I think I will most likely end up with the Polar F6 because I like the fact that it is watch like and not an arm band, but I don't want to get one that is not as good just because I don't want everyone to know I am wearing one.

So give me your opinions. Which one do you have? Why do you love it/or hate it? Do you think it has made a difference in how well you are doing on this journey to a healthier lifestyle? Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    You're asking for something for mothers day? LOL.... pretty brazen haha. Anyways I've got an f6 and it's great. It's got a chest strap and I find it's very accurate and have had no problems with it in many different applications such as swimming and any other sport you can name.
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I love it. I do feel like it's made a big positive difference in my workouts. It helps me not push myself too much and also push myself more when I'm being lazy! I feel like I burn at least 100 or so more calories because of it because if I'm at the end of a workout and I've burned 275 calories, I'll just keep going until I've hit 300 for example. I have found it to be a great motivator and worth every penny.

The only complaint I have is that they changed the chest straps from several years ago to make them more comfortable, which they are, but I find myself having to adjust it more frequently to make sure the monitor is working. If it's not on exactly how it should be, it won't record the correct heart rate or won't record one at all.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I want the BodyBugg system that the Biggest Loser contestants use....it's truly AMAZING! THere is one on ebay with a 6 month subscription included for $230 and free shipping. IT's the smallest on the market.
  • kelley1006
    kelley1006 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the polar f6 in pink and I LOVE it. It is a wonderful motivator. Somedays I dont feel as motivated and go a little slower during my exercises and then i check out my calories burned and it makes me kick it up a notch. So that I am consistant. I have forgotten it a couple of times and those are the days that I just feel a little lost!! Good luck with your search and your weight loss!!!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F6 and LOVE it!!! It's accurate and one of the best ones on the market for the price.
  • AlyssaC2010
    AlyssaC2010 Posts: 100
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting an F6 also...does the chest strap come with it or do you buy it separately?
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting an F6 also...does the chest strap come with it or do you buy it separately?

It comes with!

I have the F11 and like it a lot!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I love my FT60! (see my signature for a link to my detailed review)

It's a little pricier than the F6, but you can find them on sale if you shop around.

I find it definitely keeps me motivated!
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
  • mooselady2004
    mooselady2004 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and I love mine. I don't know what other HRMs do this, but mine reads on the machines at the gym without setting up any kind of connection......it just shows up :) The best price I have found is at www.heartratemonitorsusa.com. They are $89. Use either coupon code polar or 0501 for an extra 10% discount!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I had an F4 and upgraded to an F11 a few years ago. Polar makes a great product. :smile:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! I hate making uninformed purchases. I am way to frugal to waste money on something that wont really be of use.

Sounds like people like the polar products which is great to know since that is the way I am leaning. I thought about the body bug, but I am not interested in the subscription to their site I think I would rather stay with MFP and just have a HRM to keep me honest.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I want the BodyBugg system that the Biggest Loser contestants use....it's truly AMAZING! THere is one on ebay with a 6 month subscription included for $230 and free shipping. IT's the smallest on the market.

have you seen the fitbit?
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You're asking for something for mothers day? LOL.... pretty brazen haha. Anyways I've got an f6 and it's great. It's got a chest strap and I find it's very accurate and have had no problems with it in many different applications such as swimming and any other sport you can name.

What's wrong with being specific about what you want for mother's day? My husband asked me what I wanted (since we buy one another gifts for mother's day and father's day). I also said I'd like a gift cert for a spa treatment, a new HRM or new running shoes. He's going to buy me something and he'd much rather spend money on something I want rather than something that I'm not interested in having.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    He's going to buy me something and he'd much rather spend money on something I want rather than something that I'm not interested in having.

That's why Amazon wish lists are such a beautiful thing. With the economy in the toilet this past holiday season, my wife and I each just created Amazon wish lists and we did all our x-mas shopping for each other from those lists. That way we knew that whatever we purchased for each other would be something we really wanted.
  • pillboy
    pillboy Posts: 28
    Options
    i have a polar rs100 and its brilliant i would recommend any polar product having tried many others i feel they are the most reliable and accurate just make sure you get one that has the features you need
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add that Polar has a great warranty service, so if you go that route make sure to register your product on their website when you receive it. I've had to mail both my strap and my watch in to them and it was a very easy process.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Great info. Thanks!