American Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• njsurfer101
    Options
    I too had the same experince in Paris, i cant underatand it. It really blows my mind. Every friend i have from another country tells me that in the first year they came to the U.S. they all gained a good deal of weight. There is someting very wrong here.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Portion size is defilitely out of control. Also, Americans eat all the time. We're constantly putting something in our mouths. Now grazing throughout the day can be healthy if you're eatng good food, but we don't. It's chips and soda and noshing all the time. Instead of just drinking coffee all day like our folks did (not that that's necessarily a good thing), we have Starbucks, with all the added toppings and syrups.

When I'm out and about, I've noticed that every little kid I see has a snack bag with him. They eat all day long as well, mostly sugary stuff like cereal and crackers high in fat. Parents today use food as a pacifier - it seems like no kid can get in the car without a snack bag. I didn't eat like this when I was a kid. I had my scheduled meals and a snack here and there if I was out playing. Otherwise, my parents said NO. Imagine that.