How bad do you want it?

lwagnitz
lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
"If you ever had a asthma attack before your short of breath S.O.B shortness of breath, you wheezing... the only thing you trying to do is get some air. You don’t care about no basketball game, you don’t care about what’s on T.V., you don’t care about nobody calling you, you don’t care about a party. The only thing you care about when you trying to breathe is to get some fresh air. That’s it! And when you get to the point where all you wanna do is be is successful as bad as you wanna breathe then you will be successful. And I’m here to tell you that number one, most of you say you wanna be successful but you don’t want it bad, you just kind of want it. You don’t want it bad than you wanna party. You don’t want it as much as you want to be cool. Most of you don’t want success as much as you want sleep. Some of you lost sleep more than you lost success. And I’m here to tell you today, if your going to be successful you gotta be willing to give up sleep. "

This speech got me through a really rough day at the gym; thought I would share

Replies

• jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    I love Eric Thomas! He is so inspirational! I've watched every video he has on youtube.
  • lwagnitz
    I've only heard 2 of his speeches; but man does he motivate me!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/08/31/is-it-really-worth-it/

read this, and watch the video at the bottom. it's the speech you quote. amazing.
  • chunkadoo
    chunkadoo Posts: 41 Member
    I love this speech, everyone should watch it, it really opens your eyes. Made me really think...my pitfall is that I don't want to succeed enough, it's always "kinda"--I've always been making excuses for myself. Success only comes with sacrifice, hard work and discipline. (Whether it be weight loss or life in general)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFnmsCnr6g
  • lwagnitz
    chunkadoo, me too. this applies everywhere in my life. not just health, but with school. so it was really something i needed. i had heard the speech once before, but this time it struck a chord with me.