Where are my short people at?

Johnnyswife
Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Okay...I love being here, and I am doing pretty well on this diet, but I have to confess something here. I get discouraged when someone posts about how they lost a bunch of weight, and they are close to my size, or a few pounds heavier, and yet they are now wearing 14's or 12's! I'm barely fitting into a 16 after losing almost 10lbs. I'm 5'2". I thought it was average, but maybe I'm shorter than I thought I was? My sister is 5'9" and was always smaller than me, even when we weighed the same.

Anyone else out there around my height, or shorter, and feeling a wee bit frustrated at being bigger than your taller friends?:laugh:

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    I totally understand! I'm 5'2 and it is very frustrating when my friends weight the same as me but can wear much smaller clothes. Good Luck with everything! :flowerforyou:
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    I'm 5'2!!!!! I'm a shorty! It not fun being this size because any weight we put on it shows.. luckily I lost 40lbs a few years back gained a little back and now trying to get the rest of it off again! It can be very frustrating but don't ever give up, you'll get there!:flowerforyou:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    Hang in there hun, I was in the same boat. I'm 5 feet and as you can see I was quite large. I've got from a 16 to a 9, you just have to want it bad enough and stick to it. It is very hard to hear someone who's 5'7 or what not talk about how they're wearing a 16, sometimes I feel like all I need is to be stretched from head to foot like a laffy taffy and I'd be the perfect skinny yet curvy side, but alas... I've not found how to do that yet.

I've been with this since March of last year but didn't really dedicate until September, I eat right... food and portion wise. I keep busy (I have a todder so that helps) but I bike almost every day at least an hour, go for walks, go to zumba, do my eliptical, and power train. Keep sure to keep your body guessing with the work outs. It also helps to eliminate alcohol as much as possible. And by that I mean I don't drink unless I really want to or it's a celebration. IE last night I had 2 margharitas, when I logged them and realised that 2 were more in cals and carbs than my dinner it reminded me why I don't need it!! But I love an ice cold beer now and then.

I also did this journey while quittin smoking... I was a 10 years smoker.... it can be done ladies! Don't let the tall girls discourage you, we're all made different. Be your own inspiration!! Good luck!
  • fit4kim
    fit4kim Posts: 15 Member
    I hear you. I am 5' 1"...every pound shows. So I need to be careful with the food intake and exercise.
  • CaseyLynn216
    CaseyLynn216 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm 4'11!! and waaay overweight for my height, so I know the feeling. Just keep at it everyone has their own obstacles :)
  • fit4kim
    fit4kim Posts: 15 Member
    Good for you Jessica. You accomplished a lot! Keep up the great work. :)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    I feel like all I need is to be stretched from head to foot like a laffy taffy and I'd be the perfect skinny yet curvy side, but alas... I've not found how to do that yet.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've thought that all I need is a freak growth spurt and I'd be okay. Not greedy. Just a couple inches.:laugh: I'm not giving up either, otherwise I'll never fit back into my old clothes. :)
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Im just under 5 feet. My nickname is 4-11. I understand your pain more than you know. I'm in 16's and trying my hardest to fit into a 14! I've lost 12 pounds and still between 16's and 18's. I hate being a shorty. At my smallest 8 years ago I was only in a 10 at 140 pounds. It sucks.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    ya Im another one who's 5'2" its harder being shorter because every pound shows, also when you want something off the top shelf.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I'm 5'3 and 3/4" and I'm in a 12. :happy:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    ya Im another one who's 5'2" its harder being shorter because every pound shows, also when you want something off the top shelf.

I've actually had issues in my job (I was a chef) where I wouldn't be able to reach things and my boss refused to get a step stool. I have a stackable one at home, chairs and the best one, my husband who's 6'2", hehe.
This discussion has been closed.