Fattest Cities in America

Options
porkchopz
porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
...from Men's Health

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100257787&gt1=31036

"Fattest" - Corpus Christi, TX
"Thinnest" - San Francisco, CA

Replies

• FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    everything is bigger in Texas this one is very bad i am sad that I am / scratch that WAS part of that in Dallas but I am on the path to Fitness...
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I can't believe Houston's not higher than 9. Damn, it's hard to drive around this place, especially down Westheimer. You can't throw a rock without hitting something absolutely delicious. I'm just thankful there's lots of organic food in the grocery stores and lots of tennis courts! :smile:
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    woot woot seattle is 4th in the leanest cities :D

but, hmmm that is so sad.. :( but the biggest

and this is just an average right?
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I was in the store the other night doing some shopping. And as I looked around I realized...I was the thinnest person I had seen! That has never happened before. Probably a statistical anamoly. Not something I should be happy about, but I kind of was...if you know what I mean. But I also know what it's like to fight that battle.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My city is #6 leanest city. Not surprised with how active everyone is around here and with so many health food stores, who needs junk.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Wow. I have to say I was astonished that my state didn't make it into the top 10 fattest cities. But then there is New Orleans at 18. I'm still surprised that my city (Baton Rouge) is not on the list, but I guess Thank Goodness!

I'm working on lightening it up spreading MFP to friends and family. :)
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I'm in Portland. Number 7 Leanest.

Ranking City State Grade
    1. San Francisco Calif. A+
    2. Burlington Vermont A+
    3. Washington, D.C. A
    4. Seattle Wash. A
    5. Austin Texas A
    6. Albuquerque N.M. A-
    7. Portland Ore. A-
    8. Cincinnati Ohio A-
    9. Denver Colo. A-
    10. Aurora Colo. B+
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I was in the store the other night doing some shopping. And as I looked around I realized...I was the thinnest person I had seen! That has never happened before. Probably a statistical anamoly. Not something I should be happy about, but I kind of was...if you know what I mean. But I also know what it's like to fight that battle.
    Oh ya',,, ain't that cool!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    They say that DC is #3 for leanest, yet there was something on the news the other night about how roughly 20-25% of our population is obese. That's not a pleasant thought if 25% makes us ones of the leanest. What does that mean for the fattest cities?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I can't believe they gave Charlotte a b-. They had casting here for the Biggest Looser because of how over weight people are. I barely ever see people outside exercising and they don't have bike lanes. I was expecting it to be in the fattest 10.