Opinions please!

Options
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT ME! (I'm much fatter. haha.)

One of my cousins is one of those perfect skinny bleach blond girls. She just posted on her blog this brief diatribe about why fat people shouldn't wear skinny jeans.

In theory I agree with her. I often see people in clothing that is way too small for them.

However, she used the picture below as an example of someone who shouldn't wear skinny jeans.

I find myself quite annoyed. Is this girl a little round? Sure. But she's got curves and she's confident enough to show them off. I think she looks perfectly fine and I think my cousin is a little bit ridiculous.

So what do you think? Is she too big to wear those pants? Or does she look good?

4712355.jpg

Replies

• quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    honestly? I think so. but I also hate it when thin people wear super tight jeans also. its just gross to see every single crease, bulge or curve.
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    At first I thought this was going to be horrible, but this pic is just fine. I couldn't wear those if my life depended on it!! I carry ALL of my weight in the lower regions! LOL!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Tthose pants look a little weird but her shape is fine for skinny jeans I think alot people have a problem with us curvy girls wearing skinny jeans! I personally won't but I have seen some curvier chicks rock them perfectly!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Tthose pants look a little weird but her shape is fine for skinny jeans I think alot people have a problem with us curvy girls wearing skinny jeans! I personally won't but I have seen some curvier chicks rock them perfectly!

**double post**
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I think if they are the right size, which clearly these are not, then big girls like us can wear them. I think one size up....remember to always dress the biggest part of you and alter, alter, alter! I love the tailor....I always have to fit my tummy first, and that sometimes means a size 16 instead of a 14 or a 12, but I look slimmer because the clothes are tailored to my shape.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i think anyone can wear whatever they like to wear. AS LONG AS THEY CAN ROCK IT LIKE ITS HOT!! :) but
    besides that, that female looks good with that pants.
    for some people just cause its a style (they want to fit in) but some dont look great with it.
    its the same things with tattoo and piercing, or anything in general.

some people look great with them, and some people dont. it just depends on the person.

but i wouldnt look at a person and say fat people cant wear stuff like that. cause its the same for skinny people they shouldnt wear certain clothes. although they can pull it off more. than bigger. but some plus size girl got the curves and can rock it more.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I think they fit her fine... however, i think skinny jeans only look good on VERY small people... otherwise I think they are unflattering.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I wear skinny jeans all the time... but only if I tuck them into cute boots... I think they look super silly with running shoes or like the ones in the photo... I think that girl looks fine in them... if she had on some boots lol!! I have yet to see someone look good in them with just dress shoes and that goes for the fat / skinny girls.. .its a hard look to pull off
  • veganmommy04
    Options
    honestly that picture does not look good. that lady does not look good in those jeans. maybe another pair. don't get me wrong i see lots of chunky girls in skinny jeans and they look adorable! that is just not the right pair for that particular lady
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think the women in the picture is fine to wear those jeans, if I could find jeans to make my but look like that please tell me where...lol anyways find a different picture cuz.
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I think its the fit/ brand that doesn't look right. Some curvy women can definatly wear skinny jeans and look great, I am not one of those women lol but you have to have the right fit. And with no hearts!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i think she needs to go one size up. If she did that, she would be fine. They are just a little too tight on her. I think certain body types need a certain type of shoes to pull of skinny jeans. Personally, i would never wear them with flats....that is something that skinny girls can pull off. I wear them with heels and boots and I think i look fine then...as long as they are the appropriate size. :) SIZE DOES MATTER. hahaha
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    It looks fine - your cousin is too picky.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,576 Member
    Options
    My first thought was that those jeans looked uncomfortably snug, but then maybe that's why I don't wear skinny jeans! :tongue:
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    She does not look good in those jeans at all. Get rid of the hearts on the pockets and get a dark blue pair of jeans and she would probably look good.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I do not think those pants look very flattering on her figure. Sure, skinny girls and curvier girls can wear whatever kind of jeans they want, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be flattering on their figure. Not every newest fashion or style will look good on every figure. I personally stick with items I feel compliment my figure rather than draw more attention to my problem areas.
  • robslady
    robslady Posts: 17
    Options
    I've seen some skinny chics in these jeans who they did not flatter. Skinny jeans look BEST on skinny girls and to add to that...skinny girls with long legs! However there are some curvier girls who look OKAY in them. Honestly there are some shirts, shorts, dresses and pants that only certian people can wear. It's all about the person.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    The picture isn't cute, but only because whatever brand of jeans she's wearing is clearly designed for flat butts. If curvy girls buy skinny jeans designed for curvy girls, they look fantastic!!!

www.pzijeans.com

They make skinny jeans for girls with booties!