The dreaded plateau...

Options
Please Help... I've hit such a plateau! I’ve been on my diet since February 1st and at the start (as expected) my weight was coming off at around 1 t 2 lbs a week. But now my weight hasn't shifted in weeks (even though I've been sticking to the 1200) I'm not sure if maybe its the amount of carbs that have crept back into my diet? Or the fact that I haven’t been exercising as much as I was (but I am still exercising at least 3 times a week)?

My action plan is to start working out more and stay away from too much complex carbs / dairy. However I’ve been reading up on plateaus and a lot of people seem to say that 1200 calories isn’t enough and I need to be eating more to ‘shock’ my system out of starvation mode?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated as even though my BMI is in the ‘healthy range’ i’ve recently had a check up (due to family history) and I have high cholesterol and a high % of fat which my doctor says I need to shift... If anything I need to be at the lower end of ‘healthy’ instead of the higher!!!

My details are:

Started Diet: February 1st @ 68.8kgs
Current Weight: 62kgs
Goal Weight: 57kgs
Height: 5ft 6”
Sex: Female

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    As you have little to lose you should be aiming for 0.5lb a week now so adjust MFP settings to that and see what happens.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES BACK ! AND LIFT WEIGHTS
  • bekeyers
    bekeyers Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey there,

I am always in 5 kilos of what weight I want to be so this is a place I am familiar with and have struggled with this until I found Michelle Bridges book lose the last 5 kilos. Here's what I got from that book.

You will probably need to change they type of food you are eating more than anything. Like you said more fruit and veg.

When you were bigger you had more to move so you burned more energy, as you go down in weight so does the amount of energy you burn. Meaning it requires more workouts to burn that same amount of cals you used to.

Michelle herself keeps her intake at 1200 to 1300 cal so I think you are fine on that. Basically eat cleaner unprocessed foods and Michelle has the calorie intake in her book set for 1200 a day.

Good luck :)