Started Shaun T's Insanity,i have 2 questions

Options
Hy,today i just started insanity,i read the nutrition guide,and it says that i have to drink the recovery formula and shakeology drinks.The problem is that i can t afford them(i m also from europe,and dont know how if its possible to buy them from beachbody.com).is insanity gonna work just with healthy foods?and commitment of course..please answer, i don t know what to do.thank you

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I don't think,shakeology is licensed in the UK. Second.y, LOTS of people manage it without spending huge amounts of money on their supplements.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am doing insanity. you dont have to follow the nutrition guide - as long as you are eating healthily most of the time, getting plenty of protein and eatign enough to fuel the workouts.
  • BrittanyLail
    BrittanyLail Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i am doing insanity and i don't follow the nutrition guide just eat healthy and track here on MFP. Best of luck! I enjoy the dvd series...it's hard but so worth it!
  • AbsyPernet
    AbsyPernet Posts: 145
    Options
    I am doing insanity and this is my third round because I LOVE it!! I don't take the shake but you have to make sure you eat well, sleep well, lots of water and up your protein. When it is a rest day, make sure you rest and when you come to do your second half of the exercises, which are longer and it will push you to your limits...make sure you fuel your body well, like a protein shakes, there are a lot of choices out there and you don't have to spend a lot of money if you don't want to.

Wishing you all the best and Dig Deeper :D
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have 3 days left. I didnt buy Shakeology (BTW you can get on ebay if you want) - i just make sure i eat well and fuel my body. Sometimes I'll have a choc milk after workout..or you can buy a recovery drink elsewhere. Good luck!
  • paula341
    paula341 Posts: 44
    Options
    I started the insanity DVD this morning at 5.30am before going to work(actually killed me and it was only fitness test-Offttttyyy). I won't be taking the shakes but will try and eat 1700 calories! :) xx
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity too! I'm on day 12, but also live in Europe so can't get shakeology or recovery formula. I don't worry about it really, I think it's just something they try to sell you. I have upped my protein because it helps with muscle soreness after workouts and I've worked out from the nutrition guide how much I should be eating and stick to that. I just try to eat healthily and regularly, and keep an eye on my protein intake. When month 2 starts I might invest in some protein shake stuff so I can take it after my workout because I've heard it gets really bananas then yo ;) but i wouldn't worry about it too much. Just make sure you're eating enough and staying hydrated! Enjoy :)
  • angeleyz4u
    Options
    For me, my favorite recovery drink is a smoothie. I do 1 cup of frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/4 cup of french vanilla FF yogurt, 1/2 cup pineapple/orange juice, 1/2 banana, and one scoop of vanilla protein powder. Blend smooth and enjoy! Only thing I'm really missing is a vegetables, but many times this smoothie has been my post-workout recovery and dinner.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I follow the nutrition guide (calories and macros) but don't eat their meals or shakeology. Eat healthy, get enough protein, if you want to try some recovery shakes check some other ones out! I personally love Herbalife. Good luck!
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hy,today i just started insanity,i read the nutrition guide,and it says that i have to drink the recovery formula and shakeology drinks.The problem is that i can t afford them(i m also from europe,and dont know how if its possible to buy them from beachbody.com).is insanity gonna work just with healthy foods?and commitment of course..please answer, i don t know what to do.thank you

A tip to try so you get a protein boost without shakeology. This works as my husband is power lifter and takes this twice per day

2 eggs
    News quick
    Ready brek
    Milk, blitz in a blender until really smooth and you have a cheap alternative to protein shake without all the added crap that makes them taste good, I have tried them and they are good, just make sure your eggs are quality marked.