Eating extra calories when in deficit

Options
Hello, got a question. I suffer from IBS the main issue is when a food triggers me I can be ill/nauseous for a day or so and can't stomach that much...so my calories for those days become quite low (i'l have anywhere between 1000-500 calories left. But I have found the next day I feel better and become quite ravenous probably from the lack of calories, so my question can I make up for the lack of calories I missed out on the day I was ill or should I really be sticking to my allotted calories?

I noticed that I want to eat close to the amount of calories I missed out on, on the day I am better.

Replies

• FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would eat until you're no longer hungry on those days. I mean don't go WAY WAY over but eating extra because you were very low the day before is ok.your body is hungry because it needs that extra food so listen to it and try to make it as healthy as possible :)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i look at the weekly intake rather then daily.
    from the point of weight loss it's better if you stick to your goal, but seen as total, which means if you couldnt eat all the calories one day, have them next day.
  • pomegranatemint
    pomegranatemint Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I think looking at the weekly total is a good idea.