Loosing motivation!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I want to up my calories because when I do eventually get to my goal weight I obviously won't be eating so few and I know I'll end up putting it all back on again... But I worry that I'll put weight on if I up it now! The 1200 goal was given by MFP.

The MFP goal comes from certain assumptions you give it. Things to think about:

How much weight a week are you trying to lose?

Is that realistic given your current BMI and how much you want to lose?

How active are you, and are you giving yourself enough fuel to support that activity?

Are you eating at a level you can consistently sustain, or do you feel overly restricted and inclined to regularly cheat?

Your height, body frame, TDEE, BMR, current weight/BMI, and goal weight/BMI would be important factors to consider in setting a calorie goal.

Just posted my TDEE and BMR - not that this means anything to me!! My BMI is 26.6.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

On the tdee and bmr:

TDEE is your total daily energy expenditure, how many calories you burn in a day. Bmr is how many calories you'd burn in a coma. You are below that.

I would guess you've picked the setting to lose 2 lbs a week, which is 1000 below tdee. MFP wn't let you set below 1200, so it stopped you there. However, given where you're at, you should probably be thinking about a goal closer to 1 lb a week, around 1600 calories. It's a tough mental leap of faith to make sometimes, I know. If you need to, up your calories 100-200 a week and gradually get there.