Food diary help.....protein!

2»

Replies

• jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Thanks lauren3101. I desperately need to change my convenience eating. It's a work in progress for me! Thank you for the suggestions. I will definitely try to incorporate eggs into my diet more. I really don't like cooking which is mostly to blame for my 'convenient' diet but I definitely know that it's something I need to do as a lifelong change! :)

Haha, I don't hate cooking but I don't always have the time, so I understand it can be a pain. You could try cooking a batch of meals on a Sunday, for example, portioning them out, putting them in tubs, freezing them and then eating them throughout the week. Then, you have a homemade 'microwave' meal to hand when you want it.

And this is why I love MFP. Loads of great people with great suggestions! Thank you :) Another one of my problems is that my job is as a house sitter which means I'm constantly in other peoples houses and a different house every week! Another reason why I eat conveniently, but I need to stop making excuses. I won't get results without effort will I! :)
  • jadeyq1
    I use Whey Protein powder to increase my protein intake without significantly increasing Fat and Carbs. Just mix a scoop with 8 oz water and drink and you can add 25 - 30g of protein to your diet without even chewing. There are many brands and flavors to choose from. I personally prefer Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Isolate Vanilla Creme. Provides 30g protein and tastes great. My wife likes it too.

Great! Thank you, this is an option I definitely need to explore!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Whey protein is great and you can cook with it also. If you like greek yogurt..I take low sodium cottage cheese and add to it. It doesn't change the flavor but really boosts the amount of protein! Chicken breast has 25 grams of protein for 4 ounces, and is low calorie and fat! I add plain greek yogurt to my chicken salad instead of mayo, it has the same consistency and taste a little like sour cream. Add boiled eggs, and there is even more protein! Add me for support and advice if you want! My diary is open to friends.
  • I'm very limited on time for cooking meals since I work 45 min from home and have kids to drop off and pick up from school. I work 8-4:30 and by the time I get home it's 5:15-5:30. I found a ton of great recipes on cookinglight.com that are complete menus under 40 minutes. I've made about 5 or 6 of these so far and every one of them have been tasty and not difficult to make. On Saturdays I sit down and make out my menus for the week so when I go food shopping I have what I need for the week. Last night's dinner was from Cooking Light and it was pork tenderloin with fig and onion relish, jasmine rice and garlic asparagus. So good and I have enough leftovers for my lunch and DH to take the pork and make a salad with it.
  • jadeyq1
    Whey protein is great and you can cook with it also. If you like greek yogurt..I take low sodium cottage cheese and add to it. It doesn't change the flavor but really boosts the amount of protein! Chicken breast has 25 grams of protein for 4 ounces, and is low calorie and fat! I add plain greek yogurt to my chicken salad instead of mayo, it has the same consistency and taste a little like sour cream. Add boiled eggs, and there is even more protein! Add me for support and advice if you want! My diary is open to friends.

Great advice, thank you. Your salads sound yummy! Going to add you now :)
  • jadeyq1
    I'm very limited on time for cooking meals since I work 45 min from home and have kids to drop off and pick up from school. I work 8-4:30 and by the time I get home it's 5:15-5:30. I found a ton of great recipes on cookinglight.com that are complete menus under 40 minutes. I've made about 5 or 6 of these so far and every one of them have been tasty and not difficult to make. On Saturdays I sit down and make out my menus for the week so when I go food shopping I have what I need for the week. Last night's dinner was from Cooking Light and it was pork tenderloin with fig and onion relish, jasmine rice and garlic asparagus. So good and I have enough leftovers for my lunch and DH to take the pork and make a salad with it.

Thank you, going to check this website out now :)