Losing weight vs getting healthy

Options
So I have lost over 100 pounds. At first I just cut calories and started exercising. My doctor did my blood at the beginning (just remember total cholesterol being over 200) and after losing about 50 pounds. I ended up with my cholesterol still being a bit high over all with numbers something like this: LDL 130, HDL 50, Triglycerides 249.

So I moved to eating whole foods (eliminate most box, canned, etc.) but left room every day for my sweet deserts, still counting calories and exercising but numbers came back better at LDL 115, HDL 55, Triglycerides 199. Better but...

So I cut out the sweet deserts and down the 100 pounds down got the numbers to LDL 110, HDL 60, Triglycerides 159.

I made the final move recently to no added sugars of any kind. I make my own granola with sweet potatoes or pumpkin to get a little sweetness and I make my own yogurt so no added sugar there either. I do not do anything boxed or canned (other than fish in water), no pasta, breads, only whole foods like produce, meats. I did increase my fish consumption to 7 days a week having sardines, tuna, mackerel, oysters, or salmon at least once a day.

Final numbers for me just last week and still down just 100 pounds (taking a break eating to maintain for a bit while I begin to lift weights) number4s are LDL 100, HDL 66, Triglycerides 120.

For me it seems cutting calories lost the weight but eating healthy foods got me healthy as far as the numbers.One without the other just seems like selling myself short somehow on this journey...

Comments...Opinions?????