Celebrating a weight in without eating.....

Options
13»

Replies

• carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    OP, I too am working on a tight budget right now and also agree that celebrating victories along the way on this journey is so important. Doing an at-home "beauty day" can be super cheap--I buy face masks (the ones that are a single-use and really cheap; I think I've gotten them at Target), paint my toenails, moisturize, etc. while watching a favorite movie or TV show or something I've been wanting to watch for awhile. You can also buy a fun magazine (less than $5) and block out some time to read it while drinking some tea or coffee or wine in some peace and quiet at home or outside or a coffee shop or wherever. I also like to google "cheap or free activities in my city" and see what there is. Sometimes museums have free or pay-what-you-can days. One time I found a guided tour you could pay to do in my city of some historical sites but it gave the locations online and it was about a three mile round trip walk to all the locations so I just went on my own on a nice day and didn't have to pay! Go to Marshall's or TJ Maxx or Ross and pick out one new item of clothing for a reasonable price. If you like to read, going to a used bookstore can be a really fun outing; I could spend hours perusing bookstores and then maybe you can buy yourself a book--most use bookstores have a lot of under $5 options. Get creative! There are a lot of things you can do without breaking the bank! Congrats on your success so far! :)
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    You just cant get the protein, fiber and other nutrients you need from pizza no matter how you want to sugar coat it.

Sugar doesn't go on pizza. (unless it's dessert pizza) And um, yeah, that's absurd to pretend that pizza has no nutrients. Meat is good, veggies are good, cheese is good, and bread is good.

I never said it doesnt have any nutrients. Do a little research there is hardly any pizza joints esp the major american chains that arent loaded with carbs,sodium,etc. If you make a pizza at home and put what suits you to your needs it is going to be better and healthier than buying processed foods from a pizza joint. Pizza hut for example...they dont make their dough in store anymore,their sauce is canned. If you look at the nutritional value of a personal pan pizza and then look at some of the healthier pizza recipes you can easily make at home you will see what I mean about healthier choices. Not to mention any restaurant or fast food place you go to just because they post their nutritional facts doesnt mean they are in fact right. There was a video posted a day ago that shows just how they get the calories of their foods and that they indeed are off anywhere from 100 -500 if not more calories per servings. Not just FF and restaurants but pre packaged foods as well. But as I stated many times before it comes down to if you are in it to lose weight and look thin or if you are in it for long term over all health for you body and mind. Eating one meal that isnt the healthiest option and then having to skip or skimp on another just isnt my cup of tea. I am just saying be aware you are cheating yourself if you think are you getting the most for your hard work. Still doesnt change the fact that eating as a celebration that you have lost weight doesnt make any kind of sense lol why would you do an action that got you unhealthy to begin with...it is just stupid lol I have plenty of ideas now what to do and I gaurantee you feeding my face as a reward for losing weight wont ever be one of them lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So you admit to typing without actually saying anything? Or are you admitting to not thinking before you type?
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    So you admit to typing without actually saying anything? Or are you admitting to not thinking before you type?

I admit you are just talking out of the side of your face because you have nothing to stand on. If you had anything worth saying I havent seen it yet lol maybe you should go get a pizza and ponder it lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I admit you are just talking out of the side of your face because you have nothing to stand on. If you had anything worth saying I havent seen it yet lol maybe you should go get a pizza and ponder it lol

Keep pretending. It suits you.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options

Keep pretending. It suits you.

Will you ever actually contribute to the topic? Or are you going to stay stuck on your feelings being hurt because you got told?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Go for a swim with a friend, go to goodwill (penny pinching!) and buy a new pair of pants the next size down so you have some inspiration, go to the cinema, rent a DVD, start a savings jar where you put $5 in for every lb you lose and spend it on something nice for you and a friend or family... New haircut etc? There's hundreds of things you can do for yourself!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I go to Victoria Secret and get the 5 for $26 panties. It is not expensive and they make me feel pretty. Plus, well, I just need new panties when I log a loss of weight or inches on the hips.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    I go to Victoria Secret and get the 5 for $26 panties. It is not expensive and they make me feel pretty. Plus, well, I just need new panties when I log a loss of weight or inches on the hips.

I havent been in a V.S. in a decade or so *snickers* Do they have plus sizes? Last time I went that wasnt an issue *snickers some more*
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

I havent been in a V.S. in a decade or so *snickers* Do they have plus sizes? Last time I went that wasnt an issue *snickers some more*

No idea, I am a size 2..........snickers..................
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Goodness, who knew this would be such a heated thread?

As they say, do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog.

OTOH, you shouldn't be afraid to enjoy some good food. I was just on vacation and ate some ridiculous meals. But when I'm not on vacation I almost never eat out, so damn it I was going to enjoy it. Five days of that and guess what, I gained about a pound and a half. Not the end of the world and it's already gone. But yeah, treating yourself to a five course meal every time you go down a pound would be kind of counterproductive.

My other suggestion for rewards is to focus on things that get you to your goal rather than the goal itself. If you focus on weight lost it can be really frustrating when it creeps up from your period or business luncheon or whatever. I just started keeping a jar that I'll put a dollar into whenever I work out and whenever I stay under my cals for the day. When it fills up I'm going to spend it on whatever I feel like; probably clothes as I like nice things but can never bring myself to spend $$ on them otherwise.
  • 2FatToRun
    Options
    Goodness, who knew this would be such a heated thread?

As they say, do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog.

OTOH, you shouldn't be afraid to enjoy some good food. I was just on vacation and ate some ridiculous meals. But when I'm not on vacation I almost never eat out, so damn it I was going to enjoy it. Five days of that and guess what, I gained about a pound and a half. Not the end of the world and it's already gone. But yeah, treating yourself to a five course meal every time you go down a pound would be kind of counterproductive.

My other suggestion for rewards is to focus on things that get you to your goal rather than the goal itself. If you focus on weight lost it can be really frustrating when it creeps up from your period or business luncheon or whatever. I just started keeping a jar that I'll put a dollar into whenever I work out and whenever I stay under my cals for the day. When it fills up I'm going to spend it on whatever I feel like; probably clothes as I like nice things but can never bring myself to spend $$ on them otherwise.

HA! loved the not a dog comment lol I do enjoy food I love to eat A LOT! I am not afraid to enjoy food but I really love cooking for myself that way I know exactly what is in my food. I have started the jar reward method and I am going to make my 1st purchase panties from V.S. ...whether my old man will be able to see them is another story lol I havent had a sexy pair of panties for a few presidential terms lol