I have pneumonia

Options
I had pneumonia really bad a few years ago... it seems I have a touch of walking pneumonia again. My doctor has me on bedrest this week and maybe I can go back to work some time next week.

Needless to say... no exercise. I also stopped logging food this week. It's nothing horrible, but nothing too good either & I just don't want it to be a reflection. Maybe my appetite & taste buds will be back to normal in a few days... so far I have 3 days on meds. I'm just trying to eat whatever I can keep down... plus I can't stand anything with texture right now.

I'm just a little bummed... I made my up mind to make some healthy changes a few weeks ago & was really gung-ho & now I have a set-back. :ohwell:

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are not feeling well

Even though you cant workout you can still watch what you eat, that way you wont mess up you calories

Fell better soon
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    If you are having difficulty keeping food down, you may not gain much this week. Eons ago when I was in my 20s, I got a really bad bout of Bronchitis. I had to lay with a pillow in the middle of my back (and no pillow under my head) in order to expand the lungs enough to breathe effectively. I was in bed (except the bathroom) for a week and lost 10 lbs just trying to keep breathing.
    Hopefully, you are in better shape than I was, but you may still lose a lb or so this week. Try veggie broth, light crackers, hot tea, vitamin C, lots of fluids to keep your phlym (icky!) moving out of you. Give yourself a huge hug from all of us that feel really bad for you. BJB
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement & suggestions. One of the medications I'm taking is a steriod - ugh... so I'm bound to gain some cursory weight. I know that will balance out over the next few weeks. Other than that, my stomach is so sensitive to meds that carbs/breads is the only thing that helps. I'm still not really eating meals per se. I'm going to talk my husband into making chicken & rice tonight though and hopefully I can try to start getting back on track.