I need suggestions...

jkohan
jkohan Posts: 184 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok--I'm being very brave in opening up myself here... Can you take a look at my journal and suggest ways to get the calories in while staying under in sugar?

I have Celiacs so I'm rarely going to use all my carbs and my food tends towards the protein. I am having a hard time getting the calories in.

MFP is set to lose 1lb a week
I'm afraid to bulk up in the a.m. in the event that I don't make it to the gym in the afternoon and don't end up with enough for dinner. I don't want this to backfire on me.

Thanks!

Replies

• sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Now, everyone has different theories, but my first reaction is to switch your low-fat stuff to regular.
    leave the yolks in your eggs
    regular cheese
    regular creamer
    regular oatmeal
    and so on and so forth.
    Also, try throwing some nuts in there, nuts are full of good calories.

i don't know what its like there but here the reduced fat stuff is often higher in sugar for flavour. so depending on the product you may even find it reduces your sugar intake.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Sassy is right on. That is exactly what i was thinking. whole eggs, regular food. Don't try to skimp on breakfast bcz you are afraid to go over if you can't excercise that day. Weight loss is not an exact science. I f you go over one day, you can make it up the next. It will all average itself. Instead of calories per day, maybe just look at your report for the week and see how you did overall. Somedays over, some over is a good thing. Keeps your body from getting too comfortable and helps break plateaus. Good luck! Keep at it.

-Mel
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Thank you for the feedback. My friend suggested similar--whole eggs, higher calorie things, etc. It's such a balancing act--and I'm really trying to piece it all together and make it work.
This discussion has been closed.