Finally getting in control!

Options
So I have been successful in all areas of my life...except my weight. I have no idea why this has been such a big struggle for me but I have begun my weight loss journey. Thus far, I have lost about 40 lbs and probably have another 80-90 lbs to lose!! I feel super motivated but have extremely bad days during this journey. Having a bit of support might be nice :)

Replies

• andersonv_31
    Options
    Congrats on the 40lbs, that is awesome! I can completely understand with the struggle on weight, it has been an up and down road but I finally have gotten myself on the right track....Having others to motivate you makes the journey so much easier, wish you the best of luck!! Feel free to add as a friend :)
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrat's on the 40lbs you have already lost. I would be glad to encourge you on your journey!!! :happy:
  • nycgirlie87
    Options
    Nice! Motivation is contagious and hope to fight the struggle with you!

I've been trying to lose weight for years but its never really something I was completely focused on, just something I repeatedly told myself but never practiced fully.

I was doing great in the beginning of the year, eating healthy and going to the gym everyday but recently slipped up and gained it all back plus some. I attribute the slip up to changes in my personal life and work, the type of stuff that will find yourself at the bottom of a pint of ice cream. And thus I was eating my feelings and found it hard to turn things around.

I may not have control over the things that happen at work or in my life in general but I do have control over my body. Today is the day that I start logging my meals everyday, go to the gym after work, and eat healthy.