New to the message boards!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm a 33 year old single woman from the Chicago suburbs. I am so happy to have stumbled upon these message boards. I find the stories so inspiring!

I am 5'4 and currently weigh about 207. I started at 215 about 6 weeks ago. Ideally I would like to weigh 150, but I'm not attached to a number. I'm more concerned about how I feel and how I look. I am tracking my calories and I have starting integrating exercise into my daily routine. I've been doing the Biggest Loser Power Walk at least 4 days a week and the Power Sculpt about 3-4 times. I am very out of shape so it will be a while before I build up endurance. I also quit smoking in October so I know my lungs are still recovering.

I'd love to have more friends who have a similar story/goal.

Replies

• omari2013
    omari2013 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there... I am also new, just joined today. From Atlanta suburbs. I am starting my first zumba class tonight and quitting smoking and alcohol consumption is next on my list. Consider me a friend wanting the same things as you. Congrats to you so far. :smile:
  • Soxgirl97
    Soxgirl97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there... I am also new, just joined today. From Atlanta suburbs. I am starting my first zumba class tonight and quitting smoking and alcohol consumption is next on my list. Consider me a friend wanting the same things as you. Congrats to you so far. :smile:

Good luck with Zumba! It looks so fun but I am the least coordinated person on the planet. I'm lucky I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Quitting smoking is so hard but it feels amazing once you do!! I've never been much of a drinker and now I avoid it because I don't like drinking calories. Ha!