So, here goes...

Options
CeeCeeMee
CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm a 50 year old, very happily married grandmother of two who really needs to get motivated. So I'm stepping out into the open instead of lurking in the shadows. (the shadows are safer you know)

I've hovered just under 200 pounds for the past 4-5 years and I finally decided to admit that staying under 200 was not a goal, especially at five foot tall. A goal is getting back down to 165. I'd like to be a little less than that, but figure it's a good starting spot for now.

Working in an office for the past 30+ years has led me to being a very sedentary person. Between the computers at work and the one at home, I know that I spend too much time sitting.

I'm on day six of my food diary and I've started dancing in the kitchen to burn calories at night. I've also ordered a moderately-priced pedometer to track my daily steps. I don't see myself EVER doing a marathon or the like, but I need to do some tracking to get rid of the extra weight I've been carrying around all these years.

So anyway, I'm out of the shadows and going to try to stop hiding. Who knows, maybe I'll even post in other threads here on the forum. LOL

Replies

• elenacy
    elenacy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello! Sounds positive, well done!
  • 20More
    20More Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! It is a very nice and encouraging site that makes tracking your calories so easy. No one is judging you becasue we all experience the same things. It is nice to find out how others get through the challenges we can't seem to 'weigh' us down. You can add me as a friend and we can get through this together.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome and glad you have ventured out of the shadows!!! It is good to finally see you!

It sounds like you are already making the steps to a healthier life. I too work an office job and spend way too much time sitting on my butt. I have been on MFP since the first of this year and have already dropped 25 lbs. I have changed my eating habits (although the temptations are still lurking around) and have joined a gym and actually miss it when I'm not able to get there.

Add me as a friend if you want to support each other along the way!

Nancy
  • butterfly3703
    Options
    Add me if you like. Its a daily process and I'm always here!
  • SusanCanBeThin
    SusanCanBeThin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Keeping a positive outlook will be priceless in your journey. Congrats on taking your first steps. We can do this!

Susan