Post Run Snack

nsgrimm
nsgrimm Posts: 32
edited September 20 in Recipes
I run with a group and we always have post-run snacks. I would like to bring something that is different than fruits and granola bars....does anyone have any good recipes?

Thanks!

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Not sure what kind of facilities you have for storing your post workout snacks, but I've heard that 1 cup of chocolate milk and a banana together make one of the best post-workout snacks (good blend of protein, fat, and carbs to refuel and regenerate muscles).
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Not sure what kind of facilities you have for storing your post workout snacks, but I've heard that 1 cup of chocolate milk and a banana together make one of the best post-workout snacks (good blend of protein, fat, and carbs to refuel and regenerate muscles).

Does it need to be chocolate milk....would regular milk without chocolate work?
  • nsgrimm
    nsgrimm Posts: 32
    Interesting, thank you! I would like to do some kind of bar or muffin or something like that. We have people that bring banana halves, grapes, oranges, and apples with cinnamon sprinkled. That does sound good though =O)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    how about hard-boiled eggs? I love one when I get back from my long bike rides.
This discussion has been closed.