Idea's needed ... urgently!!

Options
Ok, so here I am having wasted too many calories on stupid birthday cake this afternoon because I'm a greedy piggy!! I need some idea's of what I can have for my evening meal, something filling and tasty that only takes about 200 calories. I know there isn't really anything like that and if there was I probably wouldn't have it in, but just thought I'd ask. Wish I could fit some exercise in to my busy life, but it's impossible these days, I used to enjoy my exercise regime before and enjoyed eating those additional calories even more :( ..... Help!

Replies

• Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Make a veggie stirfry.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    4 oz chicken breast (~100 cals), 1/4 cup brown rice (~75ish cals), and vegetables . Or just have a salad with lean meat. Another option is to just eat what you want and work it off later. As long as you're in a caloric deficit for the week, you'll still lose weight.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    2 egg omlette with loads of veggies in it :-) dry fry in a teflon and you get loads for 200 cals
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Exercise and burn some calories so you can eat them back?
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Eat a normal healthy meal and don't stress about it if you go over ... it's only one day?
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Eat a normal healthy meal and don't stress about it if you go over ... it's only one day?
    this...
    its 1 day...
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    You're not a greedy pig. You're simply human. I'd suggest some form of lean protein mixed with brown rice and veggies.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm with cmeirun. Don't freak out too much. Do your best to have a balanced dinner and make it up throughout the week with healthier diet and a little more exercise.
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Healthy soup or a gigantic salad with some black beans....and stop the negative self-talk.

P.S. It's been my experience as a CPT over the last 13 years, that EVERYONE can fit some exercise into their day, even if it's 10 minutes at a time.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    A greedy pig because you ate some birthday cake?

Man, I'd hate to hear the names you'd call me.

(Seriously, eat normally and eat right tomorrow.)
  • MichelleAnn10
    Options
    steamed veggies!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast with a side of spaghetti squash. AND, put the guilt away. Hope you enjoyed your birthday!
  • suziq2708
    suziq2708 Posts: 14
    Options

Trouble is, it's every bloomin' day, hence I've put a stone back on :cry:
  • suziq2708
    Options
    Healthy soup or a gigantic salad with some black beans....and stop the negative self-talk.

P.S. It's been my experience as a CPT over the last 13 years, that EVERYONE can fit some exercise into their day, even if it's 10 minutes at a time.

Since my 2 grandaughter's came to live with me last June, I've really struggled to keep up with my exercise regime. Yes, I'm running around after 2 kids again, probably the reason I've only gained ONE stone, but it's not quite the same thing! With school and nursery runs, appointments, housework and working night shift's, I'm finding it impossible to fit any structured exercise in to my new life style :sad:
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Veggie Stirfy with a package of Shirtake Noodles in it. VERY FILLING AND LOW calories!
  • suziq2708
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast with a side of spaghetti squash. AND, put the guilt away. Hope you enjoyed your birthday!

Thanks for the foodie idea. It's not my birthday, my daughter's boyfriend was 18 yesterday sent 3 pieces and piggy ate them all :blushing:
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Or you could have some soup...you can even find some whole cans of soup for only 150 or so!
  • suziq2708
    Options
    A greedy pig because you ate some birthday cake?

Man, I'd hate to hear the names you'd call me.

(Seriously, eat normally and eat right tomorrow.)

Yeah but I ate not just my slice but the other 2 slices as well :ohwell:
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    SMOOTHIE: (just put in a blender)

Orange, California, Naval, 0.5 orange
    Strawberries - Raw, 1 cup, halves
    Danone - Greek Yogurt Plain 0 Fat, 4 oz
    Blueberries - Raw, 0.3 cup
    Generic - 1/2 Banana, 1/2 banana

Calories: 211
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Trouble is, it's every bloomin' day, hence I've put a stone back on :cry:

Well, then, knowing what you "should" eat for dinner tonight is not your issue. Think more globally.