Eating Enough

Options
Recently I have discovered that the reason why I am not losing weight may be because my metabolism has stalled. The problem is I am just not a hungry person and my regular day consists of consuming just under 1000 cal a day! Which is crazy considering what I am supposed to be eating. Plus I exercise for an hour a day so that decreases calories. Does anyone have any idea how to get my metabolism back on track, and getting my calorie/nutrient needs without feeling like I have to eat a mountain of food? I know this is a really weird topic since most of us are cutting down on intake. I eat healthy things also.

Replies

• suziq2708
    suziq2708 Posts: 14
    Options
    Recently I have discovered that the reason why I am not losing weight may be because my metabolism has stalled. The problem is I am just not a hungry person and my regular day consists of consuming just under 1000 cal a day! Which is crazy considering what I am supposed to be eating. Plus I exercise for an hour a day so that decreases calories. Does anyone have any idea how to get my metabolism back on track, and getting my calorie/nutrient needs without feeling like I have to eat a mountain of food? I know this is a really weird topic since most of us are cutting down on intake. I eat healthy things also.

It's actually quite easy to increase your calorie intake without feeling like you have to eat more than you want simply by switching low calorie/fat options for the full fat options, increase your protein, have 2 eggs instead of 1, 100g more of meat, etc. Not all fat's are bad for us, add a few nuts to your salads, some grated cheese. It's actually not good for an adult to intake less than about 1100 calories a day, we need these simply to survive. Not eating enough will eventually have the opposite effect than eating too much and will certainly result in any weight loss ceasing for a while. Your body will store every bit of food in readiness for the famine. You should ensure that you eat at least half of any additional calories gained through exercise, as you say if you don't then you're actually eating even less than you're burning. So, start adding these little additions to your diet and you will start to notice the benefit very soon. Good luck :flowerforyou: