New Digital Scale

Options
I was super excited about the new digital scale my husband brought home this evening for me. (I've been using one of those cheapo floating scales that aren't always very accurate). Excitement turned to sadness when I realized I hadn't lost as much weight as I thought. My beginning weight was based off of how much I weighed at the doctors 3 weeks ago. Stepping on the old scale I had lost 7lbs since then at my last weigh in. According to the new scale... I have only lost 5. :angry: Guess I will have to work that much harder to get those 2 off... again! :ohwell:

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    When you got weighed at the dr office, what time was it?....

Try to always weigh yourself the same time of day....Your body weight fluncuates ALOT in one day:):flowerforyou:
  • suziyork
    suziyork Posts: 2
    Options
    You are fine. There is a natural fluctuation between the scales in doctors offices and the scales that we buy in the stores. I found that out the hard way when I was weighed by my bariatric nutritionist and she said that I was 2 pounds lighter than my scale said I was.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Yeah, weigh yourself tommorow morning. I got a digital one, and its really accurate, but I checked in the morning just to be safe. :flowerforyou:
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    You said your husband brought the scale home this evening. I bet you're heavier in the evening than earlier in the morning. Were you fasting for your doctors appointment? Either way, 2 lbs. is within the range of normal weight fluctuations. I'm thinking it may even be gone if you weigh yourself just before you eat breakfast tomorrow morning.
  • dawnieqt
    dawnieqt Posts: 26
    Options
    When you got weighed at the dr office, what time was it?....

Try to always weigh yourself the same time of day....Your body weight fluncuates ALOT in one day:):flowerforyou:

You're right! I weighed myself again and it wasn't the same weight as before... a pound lighter! Must've been my dinner I was weighing! :) I'm still kinda let down, even according to my old scale I haven't lost any weight this week. :(
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    It's better to know the truth :):smile: